Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, June 30, 2008

Bonanza Schmonanza!

I was hoping when I tracked down the winning Mog Bonanza numbers today that I would be able to buy a nice Mog House on a secluded piece of beachfront real estate. Nope. I got a page from Miratete’s Memoirs which is good for around 1k XP. I guess all in all it’s a wash because it would take me about as long to grind 1k as it did to farm 10k gil to buy the marbles. And it was fun waiting to see what would happen. Apparently there are *56* people across all worlds who will be getting a 100 million gil payout. Yikes!

The only other thing I did was get three more levels on SCH, now at 6. It’s getting a little easier to grind now that some magic is becoming available for nuking or healing. Once I get to 11 I’m going to buy the Doublet set for SCH and SMN to share and see if I can keep them matched for the next several levels.

As for the job itself, I haven’t really unlocked anything worth mentioning. I still don’t have access to my Grimoires, nor any other JA. Honestly, I’ve been playing like a BST, since it’s the most “offensive” sub I can put on SCH. With Stone, I can duo mobs using a DC pet and nukes and take out 5-6 in rapid succession for about 250XP per rest. It’s mindless work but easy and risk-minimal. Honestly, I think I can probably solo about 2k an hour if I can keep up a supply of mobs of the appropriate toughness and a suitable pet to duo with.

I figure by the time I claw my way to 11 or 12 and get proper gear (she’s wearing her wash day rags now) it’ll be time to party. It seems likely that both SMN and SCH will be desirable enough to get regular invites.

Now that I’ve had a taste of all 10 jobs I plan to level, I’ve found something to like about all of them, except for BST. Maybe I just do it wrong but soloing isn’t very fun on BST. I know I’m unconventional in that I stick with one strong pet rather than toss meat bombs at VT or higher enemies until they drop. I know I’m late to the whole Beastmaster party but having to worry about where the next sacrificial lamb (or rarab, or…) will come from while a truly horrifying mob is one swing away from heading straight for me just isn’t my thing.

There’s a good chance BST will only be used far enough to prop up the magey jobs when I can’t party, or for a diversion when other jobs are passed over while seeking.

No comments: