Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, July 29, 2011

Need To Update

Friday, 7/15: Did I really not post any post-HP thoughts here?!

From about a week ago: I think I truly now understand why cutters cut. No worries; I don't expect to do anything more than empathise. Also, turns out I'm a bonehead. Made a major miscalculation with regard to the family budget.

Wednesday 7/27: I took the plunge and rooted Mjollnir using adb on Linux. Couldn't have been easier and I love having total control. Between downloads of roms and explots, setting up adb itself and running the marathon of CL steps, I was at it for about 4 hours.

But I never had any problems and it was really easy. The actual terminal work was pretty painless, and as a bit of a shell scripter I can see how "one click" scripts could really do the job if coded right.

Spent maybe 2 more hours playing with settings, cleaning up bloat, looking for apps like a startup manager and BT keyboard interface. I grabbed three ROMs but I haven't tried them out yet.

Notes: Backup Master doesn't back up contacts (aaargh) and MMS restore doesn't seem to work. SMS to Gmail works great though, so I have all my pics there. Lost Llama's settings (double-aaargh) because I didn't know it saved its settings internally.

Friday, 7/29: Ape is *really* struggling with the finances (as drained by the addition) and possibly having to leave Katie and go back to work. I'm trying so hard to sympathize but it's not easy for me in the sense that I told her this was a likely outcome and that it was her idea in the first place! I *definitely* understand her not wanting to leave Kate. I don't want her working at all if possible.

No comments: