Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, July 8, 2011

Stop the Insanity

I can't beieve Sony is trying something so bone-headed so soon after the PSN hackathon.

Their PSN Pass is primed to kill the PS3 rental market and stop legitimate game sharing (think multi-gamer household to see why I'm so irate!) with a one-time code that links the disc to a single PSN account. Future users (through sale, trade or share) have to pony up an unspecified amount to gain access to PSN.

Whether Sony will bend a little and allow single PS3-sharing or x number of activations the way they do now for downloads is unclear.

This just days after I found out I lost all my "Welcome Back" goodies because I was too busy to free up 10 gigs of space prior to getting Infamous and Dead Nation and the two PSP titles. Bite me!

I am so ready to grab a used backwards-compatible PS3, the Cobra USB dongle, and a huge drive and:

* Recreate "The Fun Machine", with access to PS1, PS2 and PS3 titles, plus possibly DVDs if there's room
* Pirate at least the 4 titles I am entitled to. Maybe more. They just keep ticking me off!

3 comments:

lordkaosu said...

You didn't have to download the games to get them. You could have just done the freebie purchase thing but then don't download. They will still be attached to your account to download later. They will be in purchase history. You basically missed out for nothing, unless you just never intended to eventually make room or upgrade the hdd.

This is pretty standard for most digital purchases where you can redownload things (like iTunes).

Aerin Hope Ravage said...

Smarty-pants! I didn't know there was a time limit on the Welcome Back stuff and we were out of town at the end of the month so I had a lot of catch-up to do when I got back.

I had every intention to get the games, especially Infamous for the Clones. Argh.

lordkaosu said...

Oops, my apologies! I see you said that. You can always just come visit and play Infamous :p