Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Foreign Language Exposure

April 18-20, 2008

Friday turned out very interesting, and productive. I started out in Campaign in Saroumugue Champaign after giving up on West Saruta. Immediately I’m surrounded by death because a Pious Yagudo is nuking everyone in sight. It took like 40 minutes to take him down, but eventually he died. Along the way, I managed not to die, despite a number of hard hits, and I must’ve raised 5 or 6 people.

I wound up getting like 1,200 XP for my efforts. But that wasn’t to coolest bit – I got a blind invite, near the end of the battle, in Japanese, from Aitu (sp?). I replied, as best I could in Auto-trans, that I needed 10 minutes more and would be right in to Aht Urghan. I arrived more or less on time and found her still seeking a sixth.

After sorting Sanction, and grabbing 3 Hyper Ethers, we eventually fill out and file out to Mamook via Runic Portal. Man am I glad I have all these so I don’t have to worry which one will be needed next!

Our main targets in the Mamool Ja stronghold were Ziz and random Mamools. It took me too long to settle into the appropriate –na routine, for the Ziz can petrify, silence and poison, while the Mamool had a few different enbeeblements.

After about 30 minutes in I got the hang of things and did a good job keeping the group healthy and unfeebled. However, the RDM decided to play pissing contest on the –na’s and so we dueled throughout the night, him winning almost as many as me through the use of Fast Cast. I almost always fired first but that lovely RDM trait at this level makes a big difference.

Anyway, despite my annoyance at myself for the slow reaction times on enfeebs, I think I did OK – nobody died and the few orange/red HP drops came from a couple of back-to-backs, or sticking macros. I was having a lot of trouble getting them to fire and I don’t know if it was a button press deal or just lag.

I also learned that, even at 4k a bottle, Hyper Ethers suck too. 100 HP. What the hell… Can’t even cast Cure V… So the other two are going back. That said, the RDM kept me Refreshed and I had +5 almost all night. Good thing too because I was on Haste duty.

Almost no English was spoken, and very little auto-trans came my way.



Didn’t play Saturday (In Orlando for the start of 2008’s Bradlee Family Fun-Fest) and Sunday was a lot of LS chat and two quickie Campaign ops. Threw a lot of smack-talk around between Fhox, Archer and myself, mostly about me whoring myself and owing Fhox my money. The Pimp Hat was mentioned. We might try to get Archer Rank 5 tonight or Tuesday.

I’m about 10k from 67, and I REALLY need to set up Elemental Staff macros after watching a Scholar called Celes rock the elements. I still don’t know what the effectiveness is, or if durations increase, but anything to make Blink and Haste work better!

Oh yeah, ta-daa~~ (PSP-sized but could prolly be adapted to other setups easily.)

No comments: