Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Out of Sorts

Friday:

Messed up from early AM code checkout, I slept in my car at lunch and left work an hour early. Took a short nap, then Ape and I headed out. Remember the Italian place that catered the PTA dinner thing last week? We ate there with Ape's good friend and her hubby. Yes, the food was as exquisite as we'd hoped! I personally ate half a basket of bread - soooo good.

From there it was a stop at RedBox to pick up The Proposal (for us) and Blood+ for me. As I explained to Ape, Blood+ is one of those shows I watched every ep of, and at the end, felt like maybe I missed something. I really loved the storylines, and the action was fun too. But the ending kinda left me empty.

We watched The Proposal. After the Blind Side I've gained a new appreciation for Sandra Bullock movies. It didn't hurt that this one was hilarious! After that, we chilled for awhile and then I went out to complete my work in Norg and chat some. I collected Leviathan's pact and after a long delay, a set of the -ton ninjutsu. A quick warp to Jeuno and I put them up for sale. I think two of them sold within 20 minutes!

Saturday:

Up and out - after frigid showers (more on that in a bit) we were off to see a good friend of Ape's mom in a nursing facility. She'd fallen in her apartment and ended up here. But for weeks Ape's mom couldn't get info - the apartment refused to release any info and it took time for her friend to contact her.

I don't have the best memories in those kinds of places so I wasn't exactly thrilled to go, but as a wayward healer I felt the need. And I had nothing to worry about - she was fine, and in a very nice facility. We spent the better part of an hour with her, then off to the mall.

On the way we stopped at Home Depot to check on water heater parts. The gentleman there was very helpful, mapping out a troubleshooting plan that might save me some coin. From there? Best Buy, the mall, pizza, then the movies for "Edge of Darkness" with Mel Gibson. Much better than I expected. A little weird, but fun.

At home, after grabbing the kids and putting MIL's new patio table together, I plopped Blood+ (live action version) into the PS3 whilst I ate a snack. So far? It sucks worse than vampires.

Oh, on that note, seen on a new shirt at Hot Topic: "Then Buffy staked Edward. The End."

No comments: