Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Batty Battles

I wasn’t able to write up Wednesday night’s adventures the next day so hopefully I remember the important details.

I stayed off until 10pm to hang with Ape and ease some of the Vana tension. When I got online, I didn’t get a lot of taxi action and decided to go ahead and sell the Raven/Crow pieces I was testing. I really want the Beak Necklace +1 for its MPR +2. My Test Answers failed to sell, so I put them back on. RMTers must’ve gotten caught by the latest swing of the Banhammer…

Not too much later, Fhox, Chucho and Puma are preparing to do a NM run called Wings of Fury. It’s a 20-seal gig at the Ghelsba hut. At first I didn’t think they were going to need me for anything and then Fhox asked if I’d tele the crew and hang out for Raises if needed. I’m just thrilled he’s talking to me – I’ve spent a few paranoid days since the Saturday cock-up worried that I might’ve caused too much trouble for my own good.

Before we tele’d, Chucho and I chatted privately about a few random things including the fact that his wife’ll farm for him. Hear that Ape? We also talked about kids and other fun topics. We also chatted strategy and on his request I verified what spells were available to his /WHM10. He mentioned not having two of the early Bar-spells so as payback for letting him die yesterday I grabbed both for 2k total and gave then to him.

By now, Fhox and Puma had shown up and we partied up for the ride out. Chucho and I were still finishing the trade when Fhox /slapped me. “Bad Fhox! No slapping!” I told him I was paying Chucho back but I didn’t say what for. Chucho was very appreciative tho’. WHM Respect!

I think we got to the hut near 11 and they kicked off the fight. Their plan was to charm the NM Colo-Colo’s Fury wingmen into attacking it and then finish it when the Furies died. I stopped watching when Colo went down to about 60% because I thought they were going to cakewalk it. I decided to try getting Staff skillups on the orcs, but after several kills I don’t think I even got a tenth.

I came back to the hut just as they appeared outside – and dropped dead. I Raised them and while they waited for Weakness to pass I tried more skillups. A bit later they went to the door and stood there for like 5 minutes. It turns out someone brought the wrong orb and they were done. I teled them all to Dem and they logged off about midnight-ish.

I went back to Jeuno and had a rather interesting run-in with a Taru called Neillissthe (sp?). I had just done a T-T and he came up to me asking me for “2000 {gil} {chocobo} {key} {Can I have it?}” It took me a bit to realize he wanted Gausebit Grasses for the Choco Wounds license quest.
I’m not in the habit of handing out cash, nor have I ever been asked to before. I held him off a bit by saying I was checking with my shell for grasses he could have. While I was trying to research grass prices and eventually his AH history, he gave me a pathetic /cry then badgered me a couple more times.

It turns out he’s likely a newly-20 player fresh in Jeuno cos his AH history started on the 12th wherein he sold 4 stacks of crystals for 4k and bought Cure III for 6. Heck, no handout buddy. I told him so suggesting he farm some more crystals quoting his history at him. He proceeded to run around the counter, presumably begging others.

A second later, someone /disgusts my panhandler buddy and I strike up a chat. I mention the request and the history, to which this taru responds by saying he gave cash.

Hmmm, I think it might’ve been a two-man shakedown. I did quote the AH history to this guy too, so if it was a shakedown they know I saw through it.

Whatever. I’d love to help some other way but straight cash donations? {No thanks}

No comments: