Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, November 16, 2007

Even More Progress

Tonight was another busy, productive night although this one didn’t involve any XP…

I logged in around 10 or 11 and once again had no joy on farming. T-T was a little better though. I thought about shouting for AF2 assistance but decided to head out to Oztroza and see what I could do solo.

I was able to make it to the second door (the four-lever binary counter) by myself stealth-style, but decided going in solo was likely a death sentence. I shouted {Please assist.} {Yagudo} {Holy} {Water} {Can I have it?} {Reward} {You can have this.}. A very short time later, Yagna replies asking what it drops from. I tell her Abbots, in the 53 range. She arrives a few minutes later, and as it happens she’s on an AF quest of her own.

After some trouble with the door she gets it open and we start in. The Abbots are spread a little thin but as she is subbing /RNG she can Widescan their locations. She asks if I want to hang back and I tell her no, that I need the skillups. So we party up and kill every bird we see. We fight most of the Yags solo with only a handful of links until we reach a large room swarming with them. Four befall us and we go to work. I’m curing and enfeebling and she’s beating them down but eventually both of us wind up in the deep yellow HP-wise. I fire off Benediction and a few blows later they’re all toast. Also, one of them had a canteen of Holy Water, so I lot for it.

Yagna refused my offer of reward and after mutual thanks and appreciation, we split up and she continues on. I rest up a bit, return to Jeuno for the Moccasins, and then head to San d’Oria to finish AF2 and get my Healer’s Duckbills (feet). They actually look quite nice with the rest of my RSE. And now I have SIR -30% between my new boots and my Druid’s Rope.

I head back to Jeuno and pass some time with a couple of teles. Barak (Ertai) runs by and we chat a bit. He’s working on his Paladin AF1 but needs info on the quest so I look it up and tell him the important details. He sets off and then I get a shout from Brandonn for Holla. I take him and before I can bolt he asks for a linkpearl. I’m not sure exactly what he wanted with it but I give him one and he equips it. He logged not long after, but we did get to chat a bit about gaming and family.

I see Stoik on the platform – I swear he hasn’t moved since LAST Saturday… I warp back and do more Jeuno time-wasting when Lust gets on. He’s working on Ninja. It’s just after 1:00 now so I didn’t want to go with but I gave him the relevant details. However, the desire to finally close this one out gets the better of me and we make our way to Port Bastok to visit Ensetsu.

He has a great deal of trouble flagging the quest until he visits Warehouse 2. Apparently he had already done some of the prelim work and forgot. With the quest properly flagged, we head out to Korolloka via the Zeruhn Mines. I keep him stealthed and it’s not long before we reach the Korolloka Leech spawnpoint.

We take out the two normal Leeches for TP then prepare ourselves. I pop the NMs and we do our best to beat them down. Once I hit 300 TP I unleash Earth Crusher, doing mighty damage and leaving little life left in the leeches. I even Flashed and did my best to blood-tank. We got through pretty much unharmed, touched the ??? for the key item and then headed back to Ensetsu’s. I had to log at this point because now it was after 3am. I expect there will be two more Ninjas in the Brigaders by tomorrow!

No comments: