Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, November 12, 2007

Power-less Leveling

This one’s a shortie. I got a new supply run done, no T-T action and no invites after logging in around 8pm. I managed to farm two sets of Test Answers when Fhox asked me to join him in Garlaige PLing Diosa. I agreed and was soon shoulder to shoulder with my LS boss, working on keeping the party Diosa had joined alive.

One observation – PLing in Garliage requires a whole lot of MP – it’s about 50/50 Cure II versus Cure III. And damage comes much faster from Borer Beetles and the various bats. Fhox actually stayed the whole time and even with BOTH of us I was resting every third fight or so.

I noticed Fhox did a lot of Hasting in addition to curing. I need to think about that, since Enhance isn’t close to capping. Also, for some reason, I only got a single point in Healing over an hour PLing. Fhox helpfully suggested I use C3 which I had been, as needed anyway.

And then it happened – I let another one die. I don’t feel too bad when someone dies under my care if it was likely – link, IT++ mob versus poorly DEF’ed player, etc. Things happen. But once again, as with Fhox’s WHM swap, I let someone die without casting the first bit of mana. Darksanzo, the party’s Dragoon, got a good view of the floor under my not-so-watchful eye.

What I still haven’t figured out is HOW, since their PLD tank Verbalkent was taking all the damage from the bat and I never saw anyone else take a hit. I cycled targets as usual but on that pull I only saw Verbalkent taking any real damage. Nonetheless, he died, and Fhox raised him. I was denied even that restitution gesture!

And here’s the really twisted bit – I told Fhox I was going AFK to eat dinner and while I was gone (less than 5 minutes) Darksanzo bit it again…

I tried to engage him by asking him, “This party has been hard on you, huh? ^^” – no response. Fhox later asked what I thought of the Citadel and my answer was “meh.”

I sometimes really wonder if I have what it takes to PL – I care a lot (the Curse) but it seems I’m often on a different game, using my 007 license far too often. I really need to figure out how to do this better. And worse, I was overcuring the paladin because I didn’t know he was a paladin. I need to tweak my guide a bit…

No comments: