Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Clubbing Baby Tigers and...Endgame?!


(Almost ready for Maat!)

I logged on late Saturday and Erata was asking for help farming a particular item for one of the new Goddess missions. Since the targets were Gnoles in the land before time, I'd be able to get some club skillups and help a LS mate at the same time. So we set off, and with a third adventurer, Casev, began the slaughter.


We were in the zone for about 2-3 hours and I got close to 10 full skillups, #183. And we met Kakuzu and Yunalie. They joined us after helping another group, where the drop landed 1/1, leaving them with some spare time. At one point, I nearly dropped the ball trying to fix a chat comment when two different mobs engaged. Since we'd had no probs taking them singly I wasn't very worried about our health. The DRK was throwing down 2k WS damage and add 2k for the skillchain that almost always followed. I was even getting in on the action with close to 500 damage Seraph Strikes.


I even unlocked True Strike which someone (Yunalie?) said would stay with me until Hexa. Ummm, am I doing it wrong? I was getting about a third the damage for the same TP on True versus Seraph. Unless someone explains the difference I'm staying with Seraph.


And then Kakuzu invited me to his Dynamis endgame shell. I told him immediately that it was a longshot that I'd be able to make it, and with their runs on Sunday and Wednesday evening, chances looked even slimmer. He insisted I see what happens and so I planned to join them Sunday. I logged off and went to bed, as it was now like 4am.


Sunday morning was normal, and then some shopping. And then Ape reminded me what was happening tonight, and it wasn't a Dyna run. The Survivor finale was also tonight! Aieee! I'd forgotten, having been used to Thursday night Survivor parties. As soon as I got home I logged in to the shell and briefly introduced myself, thanked them for their kind invite, and apologized for not being able to make it. They seemed OK with this news. [Some time later Kakuzu thanked me personally for the heads-up. Told him I had no choice but to honor his kindness and that I hoped I could make good on it soon]


As for Survivor, Sugar got royally hosed, IMNSHO. She completely engineered everything that happened from about 1/4 the way in, all the way to the very final forced tiebreaker between Bob and Matty, which Bob took easily. In jury voting, Bob got all but 3 votes with *Susie* taking the rest. Sugar got zilch. And not only that, Bob also won the 100k Sprint award too! Oh well. Sugar is still hot. Damn, did I say that out loud?

No comments: