Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another Week...

7/25 Busy day: Woke up and after a small breakfast, spent about two hours in the garage looking for junk to toss. This meant opening boxes and sifting the contents. A lot of what remains from the move and fire packing is paper and little bits of stuff. Most of the bulk stuff was unpacked right after the fire. So anyways, I got to relive old memories as I found all kinds of whatnot. I also found the missing hard drive! If it still works, I can rescue all my great college papers! Here's hoping! I *also* found my long-missing Korn CD in one of my two ancient Sony portable CD players. Think late 80's vintage. Wonder if there's a market for these on eBay...

After burning out in the garage, I got cleaned up. While I was outside, Ape was inside cleaning the kitchen. We're doing what we can to get ready to move. The big shift will happen when we get a storage unit for the volumes of clothes piled everywhere. Some of the garage will go as well, but my belief is that most of our clutter is stuff normal people would keep in closets. Because normal people *have* closets. We have nooks...

We left the house at 3-ish and headed to the Town Center. Everybody was hungry except Ape, and Ape's sis's brood was due to meet us as well. So when we got to Whisky River (think Hooters with more of a C/W flair) at 3:45 with no wait, I was stoked. But Sis needed to stop as her check oil light came on and so we killed about 45 minutes looking for new flip-flops for me since my Sketchers broke and my OPs are just too hard and uncomfortable. Back at the restaurant, we were seated quickly and Ape and I opted to split a beef brisket sandwich and chicken sandwich. We liked our food and I think the other 7 did as well. Decor-wise I was unimpressed, but then, we weren't there at party-time. Half the place is set up as a dance floor, with dedicated bar. I suppose at night it's more lively.

Before we left I got to do something I've kinda always wanted to try but never wanted to pay for. Ride a mechanical bull. I think I did well, and despite /already/ having a hurt back I didn't tear myself up too badly. But the surprise of the day was Elder - he stayed on the longest of all! Even longer than the three presumably-drunk ladies who went before us ^^

From there was a bit more shopping then Wal-Mart for groceries, then home. Ape asked me to put up the freezer stuff and I decided to blitz the unit, trying to make sense of what was in there. I got a little mad, too, because once again, I had to throw out several unopened items including raw meat and packaged meals. I think I made my point with Ape when I told her that the chicken breasts she'd bought would have company - we had FOUR more already in there she didn't know about.

We spent the rest of the night chilling. I finished Azumanga Daioh then handed the lappy off. That left me with an hour or so to redo Phantasy Star Portable. I decided to reroll my character as I'd somehow really messed up her proportions... Seriously - I couldn't take watching her anymore. I'm pretty much back to where I was though, as I hadn't gotten far in the first time.

7/24 Family day: Mall-time, Steak & Shake, then Salt. Ape, Mimi and I watched that whilst the boys went to Sorcerer's Apprentice. Salt was quite good and I was caught out by the ending. Normally, I can guess the major plotlines early on so the fun for me is the implementation. This time I was off-base and enjoyed being surprised.

7/23 Finished the Merry Gentry audiobook, and also finished Kiki's Delivery Service. This is easily a candidate for "subs rule" as the English version carries a more comedic tone than the original. This is meant to be a serious coming-of-age story, not Disney Channel lulz. Later, had some quiet time as Ape had a bachelorette party after work for an old friend. I used the time to play DDR. Late night PC-building chat with Keps; LK away.

7/22 At lunch today, I finished Elantra 4 literally seconds before having to rush upstairs for our daily meeting.

7/21 crappy day at work. Feeling sicker as well. Fell asleep whilst Ape went off with work friends.

7/20 doc confirms - ETA march 13, 2011. 8-week visit on Aug 3, a month later is the sex-guess. Ape surprised Mimi and Aunt El - watch the vid. Finished Beck - oddish story but love the sound design. And the Japanese speaking heavily-accented swears ^^

No comments: