Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, February 5, 2010

Catching Up

Oh... I somehow made it from Monday to today and didn't keep notes...

I'm pretty sure Wednesday I duoed in the Dunes with Ninjamaster, taking DRG one full level to 17. Then I helped him a little with the SMN weather collection by teleporting him from place to place. Oh, someone remind me next time - when I have a pet job, call up a pet! I must have wandered the Dunes for 15-20 minutes before realizing Nanaja was missing. /facepalm

Thursday was a waste of time on SAM - I wound up with less XP and a wasted 2k on a pumpkin when I got killed (for the second time) only 5 kills in...

Friday:

Today I finished book two of the Sevenwaters trilogy. If you recall from an earlier post, I wasn't sure about this one. To be honest, I really didn't feel like getting halfway in, investing in the characters, and then have some mindless tragedy befall them, as in the first.

To be honest, I found myself enthralled and read it as fast as I could make time. And a few days ago it occurred to me I was enjoying this one (as I did the last, minus the rape) because the female leads were so strong but also conflicted. I don't mean strong like physically, but both Sorcha and Liadan had a strength of will that greatly appealed to me. Also, both were very committed to healing, and made me feel the call of White Mage and real-life Healer all the more.

Clone the Elder may have found New Moon, and I need to refill my library queue again. And speaking of clones, Ape's sis gave us one of Karen Traviss' Star Wars books. Now to find it again...

Later on in the night I grabbed GH: Metallica, and GH Smash Hits for 20 bucks apiece. I played a 6-song set of Metallica and was transported back two decades... I surprised myself by recognizing all 7 album motifs during the opener, and by singing along to Dyer's Eve.

After that we watched our rented movie, Carriers. At only a dollar (thank you RedBox!), I *still* felt cheated. It flat-out sucked. Even with Captain Kirk in it...

Work's been a bit much but thankfully all my code is going smoothly.

Also, get well soon, Soho!

No comments: