Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Aerin's Musical Memories Project

Given that:

* I have formed some deep and important friendships, and
* I may not stay in XI for much longer, and
* My schedule is getting more chaotic

I decided to start a project. I've asked each of my close friends to supply me with the title and artist of 2 or 3 songs that are personal touchstones for them.

So far, 4 of 5 have contributed and I'm going to extend this to my wider readership (ha!). Please send me a /tell or post a comment here.

The point of all this is that I'm acquiring these songs and putting them in my playlist. So that when they come on, I am reminded of that friend. I have many great memories with all of you and I don't want to lose that.

I don't want to leave. I don't want you all out of my life. But I'm getting tired of the nonsense that is XI and I'm getting tired of being walked away from. Just because I'm the White Mage doesn't mean I don't feel pain.

Incidentally, the "walking away from" isn't limited to my Friends List. My linkshell has disappointed me time and time again and I don't know if I have the energy to start over with a new group. Especially if I plan to leave by April, assuming I get the dress this month.

No comments: