Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back In The Game

Friday

After my week in exile. I'm back. Late Friday I didn't do much besides PL Sortir's Dunes party. I needn't have bothered - their WHM was a consummate pro, leaving me little to do except aid with links. And he never seemed to run out of MP either - fantastic work! I wound up logging out there.

-=-=-=-

Saturday

No XI time, but instead, Ape and I spent a full day together with the boys and then later at the movies with my parents for their 42nd anniversary.

Thai for lunch, a little shopping, resting at home, met at the theater (originally to see She's Out of My League but switched to Bounty Hunter because the former's theater was tiny), saw an OK movie, then went with my 'ents to Steak & Shake for a late snack.

-=-=-=-

Sunday

While Ape was off seeing Diary of a Wimpy Kid with her sis and all the boys, I got to get some work done in Vana'diel. I got DRG from 17 to 20 and was able to skill up Polearm nicely. I started soloing, then got an invite, than kind of wished I hadn't. The party was a little sloppy. But things settled down and I hit 19 with them.

When the group started to disintegrate, three of us (Azairen, Akzae and me) trioed one more level.

To Bugbear, nobody likes losing tab-funded buffs with needless re-syncing...

-----------------------------------------

Randoms:

I really need to avoid getting Style Savvy (DS game). I tried the demo at Target today. I played for less than 5 minutes and all I did was the opening walkthrough. After less than 300 seconds, it was clear to me I'd spend more time with a game like this than perhaps any other, save XI. I have *always* spent inordinate amounts of time with equipment menus in any game that provided them. I took far longer to beat the original Untold Legends on PSP because I kept stooping to evaluate every single gear drop for appearance and stats. Almost the ENTIRE GAME of Style Savvy is this action.

At Taco Bell, I waited until we reached the counter. I checked the cashier's name then asked Ape such that the cashier heard too, if it'd be worth asking for Denise. It's Taco Bell's marketroids' fault really.

I filled out my Census form earlier this week. Not only did I get a note from them that I was going to be getting another note from them, I actually saw a "Dora the Explorer" ad pushing census compliance. So, on my form I wrote I was only sending it in because Dora told me to.

Actually dreamed /twice/ in Vana'diel. The first was apparently me leading a field trip of youngsters to some kind of farmer's market, likely somewhere in Jeuno. I was showing the kids (Hume, Galka and Mithra - I don't recall Elvaan or Taru) a cook sauteeing crab meat. The kids and I were wearing what appeared to be basic white robes. The other dream was much more ephemeral, and very short. I think Soho was there.

Went to a real art market her in town. It's apparently a weekly thing but this was our first trip. Saw belly dancing, a lame street magician, and lots of neat stuff. If I weren't saving my pennies for my costume, I could have blown my entire fund here, in just three booths. One had exquisite leather-worked journals and wands in wood with wood, metal or leather accents. Another had a fascinating necklace featuring lovely artwork on the pendant. The last was a more conventional painting collection. The "It's Complicated" line was neat: A heart, some complex compound and one other.

No comments: