Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, March 8, 2010

Week Out...

Mon

Josh's games were supposed to be today, and we thought they were at Disney's ballpark. Nope. His team was in Winter Haven, a further hour from home. Because of the boys' FCAT testing, we opted to skip the game ><

Went to Perkins, LEGO store (no Medieval Village), then Mall at Millennia. Then Sanford for Best Buy and Red Brick.

Then home, where I checked auctions and started farming for what I hope is the final run to the Wedding Dress gil.

Found out both LK and Keps play chess. Hmmm!

-=-=-=-

Sun

Today, we got up, finished packing, and headed to Disney World! We left a little after 12, and after threading the Bike Week traffic, checked in to our rooms. Using our reward card points, Ape got two rooms. So the boys could have their own place. Adjoining next door of course!

Then it was time for the park. We changed our VoluntEAR (groan) vouchers for real tickets and met up with the crew. I dashed ahead with tickets in hand to grab our Test Track fast passes, then we worked our way around to use up the 3-odd hours we had before we could go.

Mission:Space nearly proved to be our undoing. Not because of the turbulence. Everybody but me went for the "easy" line anyway. No, because they got on almsot immediately, and I would have too had our line not experienced a "brief delay".

* Living Seas
* Segway x2
* Japan shopping
* Imaginarium
* Test Track
* Norway
* Japan dinner teriyaki chicken/sukiyaki beef/rice
* Fireworks
* ticket extension

-=-=-=-

Sat

Up at about 10:30, went and got breakfast. Loitered around the house some before vampiric kisses and leaving for my birthday activities.

Went to the Avenues. Got to see Tim Tebow, and grabbed a cell-phone piccy before being thrown out of the sports memorabilia store he was in. Thankfully I gave up wrath for Lent, as the woman who got onto me also got onto Younger. This Mithra doesn't take kindly to people messing with the little ones...

Checked out the usual stores, when we were able to get past the throng of fans waiting to get signatures or pics.

Left on time for our dinner reservations and checked in about 15 minutes ahead of time. Even though not all of us were present (from a total of 18!) we were seated. Oh, forgot to say, we ate at J. Alexanders, one of my fave restaurants period. About half the party had never been here and nearly everyone raved!

During the wait for our meals, most everyone took a turn holding the baby. I had fun showing him the chicken rotisserie, and some chess playing outside on the oversized board.

Later, at home, I logged in to check my auctions and got roped into a Holla run led by Agles. The plan was SMN x2 Astral Flowing the beast to death. The reality was as bad as the previous 8 visits. In this case, the two summoners didn't fire at the same time...

After hanging out with Ape some more, it was chat-time for mah birthday! Then I opened my card. Someone's trying to make me feel a little guilty, I think...

-=-=-=-

Fri

After work, dinner at the seafood restaurant. I don't know about you, but in my experience, non-seafood food at a seafood joint is often...underwhelming. I had a chicken sandwich. Meh. Next was game night. Denny stayed, so he, Meme and Cathy & Mike joined Cari, Kevin, my parents and us for Imaginiff. Great time!

Took a trip to Ape's school to get some report card files for her to work on during our trip. Took Mike, Dad and Bran. The trip there was uneventful but on the way home, had a little fun with a girl in a diesel pick-em-up-truck (we lost) and did a little heel-and-toe cornering.

Went home and crashed not long after...

-=-=-=-

Thurs

Up late late late because of delayed code checkout. Some good chats though.

No comments: