Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, August 31, 2009

Gift-Giving

I'm on a new book now, but I'm gonna build this one up a bit because, from what I've read so far, it deserves it. And, I have Kushiel to thank for this one. Yet another gift from her, although this one she doesn't know she's given. So unfair too, because this one ranks up there with the amazing scenery surprises for sheer beauty.

If you haven't guessed yet, I'm on book one of the "Kushiel's Legacy" series. About a fifth of the way in to a 900-page page-turner. And in my memory, I'm having a hard time remembering experiencing such sensuous, sumptious, *beautiful* prose. The way Carey describes things and events feels like melting sugar over my mind's eye. It often feels like poetry, and it makes me yearn to improve as a writer and a lover.

Dread was bored and Derf was soloing avatars. I offered my services to the person who cooked up the most interesting thing to do, but nobody took me up on it. I soon hooked up with Deej, PLing Catabolic's party in Yuhtunga. I stayed for about 45 minutes then went to bed. Poor Deej - after I left, they kept pulling gobs and wiped!

No comments: