Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

One Down!

The last few days have been pretty slow (long day of farming on 1/6, off 1/7 and farming/map questing on 1/8) so it was good that things worked out tonight like they did. I logged in around 9:20 and went AFK immediately to tuck Ape in. I was anxious though because both Fhox and Puma were on…Would they help with LB3? I came back on at 9:35 and sure enough, that’s what Fhox was planning.

We got rolling close to 10 after Puma’s job change to WAR69. Fhox is at least RDM63 and I’m stuck at WHM60. However, with Puma tanking and Fhox for refreshes and enfeebs, I really thought this would be pretty easy.

The Crimson Orb part was fairly straightforward, allowing for Puma’s death at the hands of an Orc Dragoon (~level 70) right at the bridge to the questaru’s place. It took some time to get back to him, Fhox having Escaped us. We got him patched up, Fhox and I flagged the quest and we started the runaround for the 4 pools needed to turn the White Orb into the Crimson opener of Banishing Walls.

The 4 pools are located mostly in EP/TW mob areas so we didn’t have too many problems. We farmed off some of the poolside mobs and I even got some staff skillups. Once we made our Orbs we headed to the Wall of Banishing that leads to another, tougher part of Monastic Caverns. This section is rife with high-level Orcs and some Truesight bosses. Fhox and I both died in here. Actually, I died twice, once earlier in the “regular” section of the Caverns.

While Fhox tried to get some help from Siloette, Frostyknight and Truirony (people we helped earlier with Raise and healing support near the old cottage) I saw my chance to reraise and make a run for the crest which Fhox said was near. Miracle of miracles, I made it. I grab my crest and try to stealthily return to Fhox but a Warlord spots me despite being fully cloaked. I keep running, with perhaps 5 Orcs tailing me. I die just leaving the large chamber so once they all despawned I hoped the non-TS mobs would let me reraise.

However, Fhox did get the help and Frostyknight tried to tractor me further into the tunnel. I had the RR pending and we learned that apparently RR blocks Tractor, and for a time, Tractor’s effect blocks regular raises. He pulled aggro (intentionally or not I don’t know) and I took my chance, resurrecting and warping out as fast as I could. Fhox got his raise and they Escaped out to Jugner Forest.

I thanked the two of them profusely for the help but wondered how the Beadeaux and Oztroja runs would be seeing that Davoi took a little over 3 hours to clear! I think with more high-level support we could fare well but these sure are time-consuming!

On warping home I got a blind tell for a Tele-Vahzl from Moonshorty. Since I was rushing back to the crew thinking they were still in trouble I was going to decline but after Fhox’s “all clear” I zapped back and picked him up. Turns out this was a freebie but that’s OK. Once in awhile it’s good to be generous!

P.S. I need to thank Frostyknight – Fhox says he should have been ok and that he’s likely a 75 but I still need to be nice!

No comments: