Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Slow Dancing on the Beach

I logged in at about 10:30 and hoped Fhox, Puma and I would be able to tackle AU12, but Puma was muling on his alt, Destructiveecho. So I switched to Dancer and outposted to the Dunes. I was flagged up for an hour and while waiting looked for anything I could beat on to kill some time and get some XP.

Fhox was out here somewhere with Kaloli, now a level 12 THF! She’s from Hong Kong, according to Fhox. I was looking for bunnies and pulled a DC but while moving back towards Selbina to avoid gob aggro I pulled a link. I zoned the hate with about 30 HP left and after resting up went back out.

Once again I found a DC Sand Hare to engage but began rapidly taking damage. A Goblin Gambler had aggroed me and I ran for the Oasis since I was near it anyway and began yelling in shell for Fhox’s aid.

Fhox didn’t see me and Kaloli said “He busy”. Turns out they were in the lizard camp ><. Fortunately, the group I had seen earlier in the Oasis had a PL called Ladycindy who raised me immediately. I recovered, moved closer to the Selbina entrance again and tried a THIRD time. I finally got into a groove and took on DC, EM and T, although the T’s take a long time and leaves me open to too many high-damage TP moves. But I learned how neat Dancer can be using TP for abilities – I cured over and over and still had plenty of TP.

It didn’t hurt that on one particular pull I had a little cure and buff help from Ihm.

I actually dinged 17, having ground out about 1.4k, and immediately returned to Windy and made ready to quit. AU12 would have to wait for another day. I did take a quick look on the AH for throwing weapons to use on DNC to pull with but the first doesn’t come up until level 20… /sigh

Being 17 means I may need to think about better gear also, but I don’t have the fame in Jeuno to pop Gobbiebag V yet. I may need to spend a day doing quick-fame because I need the room.

No comments: