Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wardrobe Change

I got logged in tonight around 11:15 and soon had an invite to Qufim from Puni. This is of course about 3 minutes after flagging down, moving my HP to Aht Urghan and switching to White Mage for some tele-taxi action. Of which there was none…

So I tell him I’ll be about 10 minutes and that I’ll be OP warping. He sais it’s no prob because he’s still building the party. Uh-oh. I warn him of my time constraints.

Of course, with my HP in AU, I can’t OP warp from here, so I use the warptaru to Jeuno, buy the Republic Disc and head downstairs. There are only three of us in the party when I get my invite, and we all wound up near the Jeuno zoneline in Qufim. Well, immediately I get aggro from a Dancing Weapon and zone it with like 17 HP to spare.

I return as Dancer and we eventually make our way to the worm camps but I get hate again and this time Auddie died after voking it off me. I ran back upstairs, changed into WHM and took care of the Raise II.

Finally – we get set up and the others join us. We have two PLDs, a WHM (Puni) and me for healing and this time I ask when I should cast. They clearly want me to back-up heal, waiting for orange. So I do. At the Delkfutt zoneline we pull snips and pugs and the odd Giant. For the most part, we ice these mobs with no trouble. On some I barely have time to put two layers of Slow down before they drop. Well, when I could get them to stick.

We’re pulling in pretty solid XP and Puni compliments us more than once. There’s really only one cure-panic that I help with, and we avoid any battlefield deaths. Another party wasn’t so lucky – there were three corpses littering the area near the OP teleporter.

Puni handles my rep perfectly and on their arrival I say my goodbyes and drop out. I’m less than 1k from dinging 22 and gimping my sub. I wish them well and rush back, because…

In the middle of the party Sunoco gets on PM and asks me if I still want the vermy cloak. Hells yes! I repeat that I can really use it but that I want to do something to earn it. We dance around like this and eventually settle when he says that’s what friends do. Rich friends maybe – I don’t know if anyone who busted their ass farming or xNM grinding would be so quick to give it to someone else. I /bow and thank him profusely. He offers to deliver it in person after he stops by the Jeuno AH for a Bronze Bed he needs for the MH expansions.

I tell him I can’t use it now on Dancer and he can mail it to me if it’s easier for him. Not long after I see he’s back in San d’Oria on a new job so I can only hope he did. So naturally I rush back from the party to my MH and check my mailbox.

It’s there!!! Yay!!! I can party on WHM again and hopefully not mess up chain pulls or cure-panics for lack of MP! I still might opt to have a Yag drink or two on me but from what I’ve read about this cloak its refresh effect of 1MP per 3 seconds should stretch my reserves through a chain 5 nicely.

I think I’ll wait until the weekend to try it out because I want my next WHM party to take me as close to 63 as possible for the Protect IV.

I think I’ll also help Sunoco by PLing if he needs it.

Now, here’s an issue. I know he says he’s set gil-wise from his brother’s 80+ mil account plus high-level items. But I want to treat this thing like a loan. Meaning, if he ever needs it or its value back I’d hand it over. But here’s my problem: In about 6 levels I hit 68 and need to switch to the Noble’s Tunic. I think I’ll use the Vermillion Cloak until then, sell it, buy a Noble’s then keep the proceeds separate so if he needs me to return his gift I can re-buy one or just cash out the Noble’s and give him gil.

I don’t know how long it’ll take me to reach 68, especially seeing as how I need to level BLM very soon, finish my AF set and am really engrossed in Dancer. Meaning I also have to level Ninja and work on the Utsusemi quest.

Maybe by then it won’t matter but I still owe him bigtime!

And in Brigader news, Raki was on again using Paddybear. Fhox and he were exchanging barbs and he had no problem admitting he was on Paddy. I avoided calling him out on the “sister” because she could still be real. Anyway, the subject of conversation was Fhox’s flirting with Miri. Hehe!

No comments: