Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

“Let’s party yo!”

While working on the Windy fishing fame quest, I got a blind invite from Allicia. When I replied it turns out she already had a WHM (who replied to her invite just before I did) and other healing but said I could come in an hour to rep the first WHM. This was at 9:15 so I went AFK for 45 minutes with Ape and then came back at 10 to find tells from Vhanfanel (sp) asking where I was.

Neither he nor Allicia were on and no party leader at their level saw them, so the party must’ve disbanded. Apparently a clock-sync would’ve been good.

Soon after, got an invite from Manjina who seemed especially happy I had most of a full level before dinging – see post title. Tried a Colibri but we were too low. Roamed the far corners of the continent and eventually settled on Puks. They still suck, but we did all right. Slow XP – about 3.5k/hour. But Manjina handled my rep very smoothly.

The only death was mine when our puk blew me into another puk with its Wind Shear attack. Our ranger had to run for his life to zone hate from two mobs but he succeeded.

I continue to be amazed and annoyed how few WHMs I see seeking and how long it can take. Also, it seems pretty clear that the late-night mostly-Japanese crowd isn’t interested in me, presumably because of the language or nationality barriers.

No comments: