Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Of Brigaders and Bribes

I did the usual tonight: Log in, flag up, tele-taxi and hope for an invite. Fhox got on a little later and we decided to farm after he asked me how much a Cursna and Stone III scroll are. Just as we were headed out to farm he asked me about my AF status.

Long story short, he said it would be possible to duo the hands quest, which involves farming a Beadeaux coffer key, opening a coffer and retrieving Old Gauntlets, running around Jeuno, and then the final fight with Dark Spark.

I told Fhox if he pulled it off I’d buy him a scroll. That was all it took and we made our way to the Quadav stronghold through Dem. It took forever but we eventually found one of the key mobs – an Ancient Quadav which Fhox said checked T to him. But clearly this was one of those cases where “seems Tough” means ITG.

He Escaped us and we went to Shakrami and Attowha Chasm to farm and skill up. We split up around 1am and chatted for quite awhile about WHM and RDM proficiency. I noted that a Besieged was starting soon but didn’t know if I was going to try.

But I did – big mistake. Not the Besieged – I auto-grouped with some Japanese, fought and healed, and didn’t die. I even got 1,500 xp out of it and dinged 63. No, the mistake is that Besieged started just before 1:40 and didn’t end until almost 2:30. /yawn

In any case, I was able to use the Protect/Protectra IV scrolls. I still need to update the macros.

I don’t plan to play Thursday in honor of Valentine’s Day with Ape, and needing sleep. To make my gameplay more complicated, I’ve also been playing CoD 3 Instant Action battles. Teamkillers suck.

I wonder if Fhox wonders where my money comes from, between having all my WHM scrolls, being able to buy him a 13k item, and the Vermy Cloak on my back. He has yet to ask about that particular piece of equipment.

I also don’t know if he knows what it does because once I switched to it in Beadeaux he kept casting Refresh on me to the point of going low on MP.

No comments: