Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Aaaaaaaahhhurrgh!


Tonight's forecast is heavy clouds followed by clear bright sunshine


First, the bad part of my night. >< >< ><

We spent most of Saturday cleaning out our garage. As a treat, the whole fam went to Steak & Shake for food and, well, shakes. Then we went to "Race to Witch Mountain" (meh). We left the theatre close to midnight. Just as we got onto the highway, I hit a cursed piece of truck tire retread. Did I mention I drive a Mazda RX-8? Sportscar? Sits low? Not quite Flo Rida low, but low enough...

...to have most of the undertray ripped out. It also damaged the left side fender liner, and the damaged liner messed up my 4-month old tire too. I'm waiting to find out what this disaster is gonna cost me.

I logged in just after 12 and fortunately, both Kushiel and Rhelic were on. And ready to party! I went PLD for this one and we went to the jungles of Elshimo for this one. In addition to us, we had Valryte, Clakouette (great name!) and Gurun, a Japanese monk. Actually, Rhel can speak a bit of Japanese in romaji and we tried a few lines.

When we were working with mandies, I did a great job tanking. Gobs, not so much. On one pull, I blew Shield Bash early trying to pull hate back and of course, the gobbie decides to Bomb Toss right after that. Gurun chastised me in auto-trans ^^ I apologized, but it was a bad-timing thing. Then we tried a wasp and I died. Those things' Final Sting is so much worse than the ones in Saruta - I got flattened by a 400+ hit.

Eventually we decided to relocate to East Ronfaure of the past, and with Val's Retrace, it wound up a short trip. Val bowed out at this point, so Rhel had to find a rep. Blacksoulless (DRG) met us at camp while we gathered together.

Then...things went south again. Turns out I can't tank colibri for crap at 34. Also, between the wasp and the first bird, I lost TWO pumpkins, over 4 grand. >< I now know they can steal food (thanks Blacksoulless lol).

Aaand, Blacksoulless was also part of the stress - she was an overeager puller not often giving us enough time for MP: mine, Clak's or Rhel's. There were more deaths and frustration. I did point out to Kush that sometimes an aggressive puller can test a party's mettle in a satisfying way, but I think we were all in agreement this was not one of those times, and in fact we were no longer having fun.

At 4-ish, we wrapped it up. Rhel and Kush opted to do Qufim's Field of Valor for XP but I had to bail. Sleep - sometimes I need it lol.

The best part of the night is the fun I had in chat. I really really really enjoy a good convo, especially one that gives me a chance to validate my beliefs or learn something about myself. Or just having laughs, because there were plenty of those:

* Rhel and then Black got a great kick out of the fact Clak and I were dressed identically in RSE.
* Many jokes about why the birds seemed to want to make out with me over Clak. My answer? Perhaps my tongue has a latent ^^
* Macro fun: dancing, raises, "solo play" (ahem), and teleports. I especially liked the defibrillator macro complete with appropriate joule settings.
* Rhel hates WHM :p
* I mentioned WHM guilt after Rhel and Kush assured me my mistakes were OK. I know, but I want everyone to have fun. *I* sure don't want to be remembered for being a buzzkill.

At the last, Rhel and I traded links: He has a webcomic at http://crystalsunffxi.comicdish.com/index.php. They tried to pull this one up but I had given them the wrong link, and myself a scare. Easily fixed!

I hope I get to play some tonight. Fhox is MIA but I've been having a lot of fun with non RDB or GD friends!

No comments: