Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, March 20, 2009

Job Juggling


(Multitalented Mithra!)

Thursday I got to play because of a little scheduling mixup on Ape's part. The fact that Survivor got bumped helped a lot too. I was able to mess around with more Manual pages, taking WAR to 35 and NIN to 26. I ran out of time to do another run on NIN to get it to 27 and the next ninjutsu, so I made a quick pass through VE territory and logged out.

Friday I logged in a little after midnight. We didn't go to the movies (for once), but we did go shopping and to Sonic for some treats. Blecch! Their ice cream is weaksauce compared to Maggie Moos, or even McD's.

I sat about for 10 minutes deciding what to level. I didn't want to touch any of the SIX (I have six of them now!) 35+ jobs, so I debated NIN, BRD or DRG. I finally settled on BRD and went to the Dunes. Almost an hour later I packed it in and switched to RDM of all things. I had resisted before since I'm not very adept at this job's intricacies. I didn't want to short-change anyone I partied with.

And did I party... I got a request to join Jaadin's group in the jungle. It didn't take me too long to reach them and soon we were underway. I mixed in the standard enfeebs and main-heal with the odd nuke. Since we had a BRD/WHM, a pally and a dancer, there was plenty of healing available and things rarely got out of hand. Hate hold was pretty solid too so it was easy work. We eventually had some tap-outs and as reps came in we were soon too high to keep going on mandies.

The decision was made to head to the Citadel and by now Jaadin had passed the reins to Sona (sp), whom I warned about having about an hour in the Citadel. He was fine with it and we got underway. One rep there brtought a bored friend to PL and things got really easy. I think everyone went melee at this point and in fact I helped with a few Liquefactions.

As 4:15 approached I asked about my rep and he said he was having difficulty filling in spots but that he was still working on it. I wound up there until nearly 5, bone-weary but happy about my levels. The PL and friend DCed and the group reformed yet again.

I never fell asleep at the wheel, but I did get a little slow between casts. I was 30+ past my announced exit time and very tired. Nobody died and I don't think anyone even noticed. But if they did, I'm sorry, and please understand it wasn't my choice to play tired. Well, I guess I could have simply bailed at 4:15 as planned but that would be far worse IMHO than being a little sloppy later. Action never stopped and everyone was racking in the XP.

I wanted to go to bed a little earlier because Saturday, instead of racing, we were going to Orlando for my parents' 41st anniversary. Surprised? Me too - the racing was already paid for, and both my dad and I had invested in helmets and tune-ups. The track called to cancel on us, saying there weren't enough entries. Bite me. We're gonna go the SCCA route because we can track-race with them (they're not just gymkhanas any more!) and spend a lot less.

Oh, almost forgot. Friday at the mall, I had a really long chat with a Sears associate. Who has made an award-winning AMV. From Black Cat. To the song "Black Cat". His studio? Kuroneko. I'm detecting a theme here... No, seriously, he and I chatted about cons, cosplay, learning Japanese, and importing anime. He attends a few cons regularly and has cosplayed two different characters. One was L from Death Note. Surprisingly close look even in work gear.

He strongly encouraged me to cosplay when I mentioned trying to get that together for AWA15. It's not like I really need a push - I'd be there tomorrow with bells (and a tail) on if I could afford it. I really suspect my wig alone will be a couple hundred bucks to do right, especially with ears the way they need to be done. I shudder to think what the Noble's is gonna cost me. And I don't have a side job any more to save money from. The one I had ended and those funds are dedicated to motorsports.

/sigh

No comments: