Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Time To Waste


(Exceeding safe levels of stupid exposure)

I'm going to try really hard not to make this a personal thing. I promise.

Friday late night after "Last House on the Left" (so-so, a little long but cool vengeance) I logged in. I got an invite in the Citadel pretty quickly, so I made my way there. After about 2 hours I only had a total of 2k XP, give or take. That's because I died no fewer than 3 times. And I was the Scholar. There was a lot of downtime waiting for raises or weakness.

Koyi, our leader claimed to know quite a bit about FFXI but her tactics were...questionable. The first sinking feeling I got was when I saw the party lineup - way too much mana, not enough melee. No, this wasn't a manaburn, it was just broken.

Second, the setup or the tank wasn't working with hate - I pulled hate way to often with just Cure IIs

Third, some of the discussion made me wish I'd brought hip-waders: it was getting a lil' deep there in the Citadel.

Kushiel and Koyi sparred a bit and that at least was entertaining. When Nohohon, our PUP left at his announced time, we basically ended the party naturally. However, Kush invited me to continue on, possibly to East Ronfaure [S]. I was psyched because I was about 250 away from SCH37.

He grabbed his buddy Rhelic and then we couldn't find anyone else suitable. It was already 4-something so I had to go. However, we set Saturday at midnight as a planned time to try again.

I really enjoyed meeting the both of them and already had a great chat or two. I really love meeting people I can talk with!

No comments: