Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, July 26, 2009

...Begins With a Single Step


(The first step's the easy one - thank you everybody!)

Sunday wouldn’t begin until very late. We saw G-Force (surprisingly good, very entertaining), ate lunch, did some shopping and watched some TV. I was able to log in at 7:30-ish when Ape and the boys took off for a bike ride. And, after a quick invite and back-to-back band charges, I dinged. At about 8:20pm EDT, in the company of…I hit WHM75 – go Mithra, it’s your birthday, go Mithra, it’s your birthday!

We had an interesting close call when two trolls and an automaton linked – we very nearly died but with whiffs of mana, Benediction and a lot of help from both bards, we pulled through without a death or zone. And it was quite fun too!

When Utz needed to return to Al Zahbi for Sanction, I asked permission to go too. I thought I could go to my MH and switch XP modes. I actually had a 5k buffer at this point and wanted to see if I could get my first Merit Point. But alas, I was mistaken. There’s a first-time visit to the Nomad Moogle next to Maat in Jeuno. I wouldn’t be able to change modes. Worse still, I held the party up for about 10 minutes.

When we finally broke up a little after 10, I jetted over to Ru’lude Gardens and then my mog to change modes and review the MP menus. It’s gonna take me another forever to build this out the way I want!

I was going to log out just after 11 but then I offered quick help (as long as we were done before Malcolm ^^). Ben was assisting with LB2 and I was more than capable of helping beat down the Boreal Trio. Ben, Agles, Pak, Doomtriggero (!) and Stankk were in this group. Agles, Pak and I were all 70+. Doom and Stankk were the LB2 candidates and Ben was the coordinator.

I got to see something I’ve only seen once before on the field – a Kraken Club. Pak was on BLU/NIN, dual-wielding a nice sword and the k-club. That thing was totally nuts. It looked like he was on mega-Haste!

The three mobs died easily enough although on the first Doom did something to wind up with only 48 HP. No deaths though - *whew*. Also, I had a 1,295 Hexa, and on another got a 400+ light SC. Cool!

I ended the night just shy of 12 and Malcolm. K got on as I was leaving so we didn’t get to chat too much.


Reflections: Spent x months breaking 70 and then weeks to 75. Major relief having that done although merits will take considerable time. I think I’ll get at least the first tier of Martyr and Devotion, plus Protectra and Shellra V. I then want to focus on DNC, SCH and PLD.

I owe a tremendous debt to RDB and GD and everyone who answered /shouts for help with all the steps leading to this point. And, despite my earliest teasing of Damu, I have no plans to leave GD.

Dark happened to get on, to say he finally got Rank 10 in Bastok. He had been shouting late Saturday and apparently a badass 75 joined him and soloed the fight. He saw my progress and said he could likely get me into his Dynamis shell. I told him I needed to think about it. Maybe I could speak to the leader about time requirements and my schedule, and the points/attendance system.

No comments: