Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Vaycay Crazy Days


(When it rains it pours...)

This is gonna be a rough week for this Mithra. Thursday, while prepping for our big 6-day two-city Independence Weekend tour 2009, Ape's van decided to overheat. It's not terminal (yet) but we're looking at about 300 bucks and a few hours to resuscitate a 10-year old van packing 168k miles. It's prolly not worth it. And we decided to go car-shopping.

We can't truly afford it without a lot of sacrifice, and I detest car-shopping more than any other voluntary activity. We're figuring out what she really wants and what we can likely "afford" but we had to make the trip down south in Shiroma. 4 people packed for 6 days. The only thing I couldn't get stuffed into the trunk was a set of boogie boards for the beach. We may just buy some and ditch them or see if we can find another way to get them home.

Friday was actually more car shopping, WITH a packed car. We wanted to leave town at about 1 but didn't leave the last lot until close to 4. But the hotel thing worked out - we got two rooms using credit card points and these are actually quite nice. My only complaint so far? Their wi-fi seems to block ports needed for FFXI. I can get onto the PSN and play GTA or shop the Store. But FFXI refuses to start.

Saturday was supposed to be my game-day while everyone else was at one of the theme parks, but their plans got messed up and I spent a lot of time trying to coordinate alternate tickets. And with no FFXI... /pout

We aren't leaving here until Sunday, so I may not make it back online until then...

P.S. The world's stupid level seems to be increasing. I need to start complaining to fast food store owners where those color drive-through screens show ads instead of my order... And complain about managers who just plain suck at customer service - "I have nothing to do with [your problem]." Ooookay...

No comments: