Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mammet Matters

I logged in just before 8 with plans to party on DNC until 11-ish but Lees had other plans. There'd already been work by the shell to get to 3-3, The Climb. I was still on 2-3's end. Lees asked if I'd do my CS work and the 2-5 Mammet fight and then stick around for 3-3 with the whole crew. This was a great surprise but, as with all things XI, it took close to 90 minutes just to flag everything, prep, and meet up at the 2-5 zone-in. From there, it was over an hour bouncing Gauntlet-warp style from distortion to distortion until we found the right 2. Then the fight itself was over 20 minutes. We employed the usual strategy - 1 tank + 1 healer per Mammet.

I paired with Balin, Lees with Budeko and Oddball with Zelia (I think). I did OK as PLD but it got dicey when I ran out of MP and realized Lees and I never got off a trade for meds. But Balin kept me alive and eventually, we won. It was close - when my Mammet went after Balin (I hadn't been doing a lot of voking) I pulled it back and wound up using Vince at 9 HP - and hoping like mad there wasn't going to be a nuke. Oddball finished hers and then we teamed up to polish off mine and Lees'. Tomorrow night's plan is to go CS-crazy and be ready for the climb. I have a Nexus Cape so I'm hoping it will speed things. I have a roll then so I'll be on longer than usual anyway but sometimes I hate all the time-killing busywork...

As it was, I didn't log out until about 11:45 then cleaned up a bit before shutting down the house and going to bed.

No comments: