Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rolling Past Bedtime!

Tonight I will have two rolls, both of which should be fast. But Friday morning is going to be torture. Up at 4:30? Early to work then off to Orlando...

Also, Ape's mad at me for not putting her to bed - her back was hurting and she fell out at 11:15. Or so I thought. She said she was up when I came to bed but faked sleep because she was mad. Not nice!

...later that day...

Work's frustrating me this week. Problems have been dragging me down and eating up my coding time. Thankfully the problems aren't of my doing but it's still a pain being in "crisis mode" for an extended period.

Afterwards, came home to a nice dinner then took Younger to TKD. Played more FF1 there and realized I'd missed a good opportunity to grab higher-tier black magic to speed up battles. I've basically been grinding XP, in no particular hurry for the next quest-point. So I was actually two tiers behind and actually missed the shops on an earlier visit to the Elven castle. "Here lies Link" :3

Back home, I was going to jump on XI immediately but Ape needed help with her resume. I asked her to write the job update blurbs whilst I was at work but when I opened Word I found bare bulleted lists. Between converting three years' worth of bullets to narrative text, mysterious Word disappearances, and formatting the text in my goofy (but cool IMHO) resume format, I was at it for 2 solid hours. I was afraid I'd missed the climb and I still had oodles of cutscenes to plow through.

Thankfully, the crew waited on me and I hustled as fast as I could. I'm skipping through the story pretty quickly, to my likely regret later on... Anyway, I finally met them in Attowha Chasm for the climb. Which is pretty cake with a controller and careful camera rotation ^^ But we weren't done. The crew, minus Med but plus another, wanted to soldier on to the Diabolos fight! It was already close to midnight but I figured what the hey - I had to be up for work until about 1 anyway.

We-e-ell, the pre-req work, and the actual journey to the BC, and the fight put us 3 hours past that. And we lost too. For some reason, Itomaru and I were the only ones to 2-hour and I *think* we had Diabolos down to about 25% at the wipe. In any case, it was interesting and we had fun. And getting back will be much quicker. Ktulu and I are both out of town for the weekend so who knows what will happen...

In Ape-news, she woke up at 3, and pitched a fit. I mean, she was mad. She said some mean stuff and stormed off back to bed. 45 minutes later she repeated this exercise. /sigh I've all but lost my AIM friends and cosplay plans aren't working out so well. Will she not be satisfied until she takes away everything Not-Ape from me?

No comments: