Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Monday

Today's big plan was a beach trip. Sis took the usual epoch to get her and her brood ready and we left close to 2. Vilano beach was nice, and not too hot. We didn't stay very long - I wound up passing on trying to read (glare was bothering me), laying out instead and then Ape and I walked up and down the beach a bit.

From there we went to Caddyshack's where I had a nice lunch and possibly the best sundae ever. Also lousy service... Note to waitstaff: When a customer asks you about your special, or about what kind of sundaes you have, or anything menu-related, saying "I don't know" is pretty much a guarantee I'm going to be unhappy. And when you try to stick me with a forced 18% gratuity after bungling both the order and the checks after failing to know your menu? Lousy Waiter, I'd like to introduce you to your boss. You two have fun now!

But the lousy waiting wasn't the only unpleasantness at our luncheon. Once again, Ape decided to make a thing out of my ordering Diet Coke. See, last night at my parents', she made a crack at dinner about the Coke Zero in front of the whole group. Tired of her bitterness, I shot back, "Jealous much?" She let it go after some generic "What's wrong with trying to be healthier?" exchange. This time she dug in her heels and we had a brief head-to-head. My favorite line from her? "I don't think I can be with someone obsessed about their weight."

Wow. Just... wow. I ordered a Diet Coke to go with my: Regular dog, chili dog, fries, and sundae. I'm a fanatic! ^.~

Did I mention how good the sundae was? I'm not big on ice cream, and even less so on sundaes. To me, hot fudge is usually too rich on the ice cream. Not this time. There was a nigh-unto-perfection synthesis of the ice cream, fudge and whipped cream. It was really really good! This was CamiCakes good! ~nom~

And poor Bro! He had no idea about Sis's desire to go to the mall after lunch, actually stating quite loudly, "Bull----!" when I mentioned it. I do worry about those two and how in sync they are... So after eating he took his boys home and Sis and Mimi rode with us.

We decided on the Town Center for shopping. Ape, Sis and Mimi went one way. I had a nice time with Younger, checking out both game stores, Target, Staples, and Movie Stop. Witch Hunter Robin is now 35 bucks but I'm thinking I'd be better served NetFlixing these things... I have a free month's pass; I should just do it.

Something cool happened at Target. While passing the Garden section on the way to Electronics with Younger, I got called out for my TWLOHA shirt. There were four teens lounging casually on a set of yard furniture and one of them saw my shirt. I thanked them and then something weird happened - they /complimented/ my hair. Again, I thanked them, slightly embarrassed. I mentioned I was actually trying for something like what one of their number was sporting and had a severe stylist issue instead...

Met my parents at Carvel so the rest of the crew could get dessert. Then home, where I worked on Ubuntu some more and caught this up ^^

No comments: