Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Chore Time!

Today was not going to be a long visit to Vana’diel because my sister is visiting and we were headed to Fernandina Beach to spend the day out there with our combined families.

However, before we left, I logged in at around 10am to grab the last piece of my RSE set – the Gaiters. I had the key from Saturday’s farming run in Gusgen (once again dropping from like the third Sadfly, instead of the dozen undead I tried first…). I did a couple of tele-taxi runs and then set off. I think I was in the mines for maybe 5 minutes before finding the chest and returning to Jeuno. And Aerin sure looks cute in her new duds! ^^

I also took a moment to set up my Windy MH for the first Mog Safe expansion quest by placing a Bronze Bed inside. It’s supposed to be in place for a set time prior to a Conquest Tally, and then after the tally the quest will activate. The tally happened to start shortly thereafter so I don’t know what will happen until tonight when we get back from the beach (if I get on at all).



OK, back! I jumped back in at around 11pm and did a lot of AH work. I put the last two pieces of Dhalmel Leather up for sale in Jeuno, and got rid of some other junk at the Windy AH. I originally thought the Gobbiebag quests were going to be money sinks but perhaps not - I bought a stack of Dhalmel leather, used one for the quest, and started selling off the rest 2 or 3 at a time. Already 9 have sold for way more than the stack price meaning this quest will cost a lot less than the “singles” price of 16k. Maybe 6k.

I went ahead and looked at both Gobbiebag II and the second Mog Safe, and both might come out as cheap or even profitable if I try leveraging stacks again.

I tell you, now that I’m a T-T, I have so much more gil on hand… I’m planning on making WHM spell-complete through at least 43 (on 42 now) and BLM complete through 25 (on 23). I’m only missing one or two BLM scrolls, but I need 4 WHM items (besides the Yhoat and Vahzl teles), and they’re not cheap either. Nor questable…

I also decided to repay Tauu for his help a couple weeks ago. I mean, I already paid him 2.5k for the tele, but that scroll has been very profitable and I haven’t done poorly fighting him and the others for fares. I walked up to him, gave him a /kneel, traded him 5k, and told him it was for his gracious help. He seemed a bit taken aback but took my money anyway. I then proceeded to pip him for a couple of Hollas before heading back to Mea to mess with Windy quests, and find out that the MH quest flagged!

Last T-T thing – it’s really obvious now that there’s some price competition – a lot more people are asking for 1k teles and a few more freebie seekers tried their luck. Also, Oteciont asked me directly for a freebie which I gave. He and a friend called Dagonn were headed somewhere – probably farming or power-duoing. Honestly, I don’t care, the money from taxi runs is flowing in pretty quickly now and it takes so little time 1k versus 2k really doesn’t matter. I’m sure it matters to the regulars but hey, no one said I was regular!

Monday night’s plan is to finish the Making Headlines (gil) and Making the Grade (Scroll of Aspir!) quests and maybe the Windy Wildcat quest. I also tried to finish the “Lost Chocobo” quest but when I talked to the Mithran-with-a-G-name pointed out by choco NPC’s, all I got was a new quest. *grrr*

Maybe tonight I’ll have my boosted MH and I can try the second one, but it needs Fame 5 which I may or may not have from these few quests. Anyway…

No comments: