Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Morning on the Farm

Last night was the big August update which I had forgotten about (despite Squeenix’s many notices) so when I finally logged in at about 10pm, I watched the update proceed for a bit. Then I flipped over to IFC to watch some of their Golden Gate Bridge suicide documentary… Sad stuff, especially Gene at the end…

. . .

Tuesday morning I turned the monitor back on expecting to find an incomplete update, but lo and behold, it finished. The time estimate was about 3:40, so that’s pretty good for Juno not having a DC in that time. The FFXI login screen now has a slot for Wings under the other three expansions, and a 20th Anniversary FF logo and 5th Anniversary FFXI logo (a choco!). I was able to log right in with no problems.

As before, no fares. And my Holla scroll failed to sell, and is now only fetching 7k on Jeuno. I set about instead to verify Aerin for FFXIAH. This would normally mean buying some specified item for a bizarro price to ensure you are following their instructions. Mine was a single Water crystal for 1,323 gil. The email hopefully reminded me I could buy from myself if I wanted.

After some thought I realized I was screwed. There were 5 crystals up for about 400 each. If I tried to buy one then sell it to myself for 1,323 I’d certainly get one of the other ~400 gil ones. Or if I just bought an existing one for the verify amount, I’d be verified in one purchase but out about 900 gil. So-o-o, I bought all 5, for 2.2k, then sold myself the one, then resold the 5 for 400 each, plus the 54-buck tax. I think all told I’ll be out 500 gil in order to verify myself. Oh well… It gives me some neat options on FFXIAH.

I headed out to Horutoto to farm again (oh yeah, no takers yet on the Test Answers, out of 7!). By this time Matt and Bran were up and I introduced them to the wonders of loot farming. They seemed to enjoy watching Aerin lay waste to the Wendigos while I did dishes and cleaned up from breakfast. They’d helpfully update me on criticals I took or low HP. Maybe I can talk them into doing some farming for me :)

On the last bones I planned to break, I got the drop and tele’d out to Mea. I had to log out there to get the kids off in time, so tonight I’ll head into Windy, put Holla and the test papers up, and flag 3-3.

P.S. On the way out of the neighborhood, the Honda’s crank pulley fell off…

No comments: