Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Desert Rally

I actually started today at 6am in Jeuno since Ape has to get up so much earlier than me. But it was pretty much a bust. Only one T-T. It was a full-party shot to Altepa that Frostmourne paid 7500 for (tried to pay more but I refused). I might try the early morn’ tomorrow. I’m thinking about leveling my clothcraft so maybe I can do that grind in the dead time and use evenings for more productive endeavors.

. . .

And to that end, I logged back in at around 8pm and soon had a direct party request from Daybreak. Pretty sure I’ve partied with her in the past – I’ll have to check the log. Anyway, she suggested Altepa and my first response was “oooooooooo”. I don’t know why but the anticans creep me out. I had a few minutes before departure and nearly 50k. I thought about getting the Qiqirm Sash +1 for MPR + 3 but it’s almost 100k. I went ahead and grabbed a Red Cape + 1 for its INT and MND boosts. I also retrieved Regen II and Flash from my MH.

I think we reached camp at about 9 and soon we were hip-deep in Desert Beetle carcasses. Or is that carapaces? Anyway, despite initial apprehension, the mobs died pretty easily and quickly. We had a great PLD tank called Enwen and I mostly stuck to Haste + Regen with the odd Cure III’s thrown in. I did some enfeebling too but kinda gave up after too many resists.

There’s not much to say other than our puller Gemmai (Taru RNG) did a great job avoiding links and everyone did a fine job. I meleed some but gave in to Enwen’s suggestion to stop. I was missing too much anyway but we did try three times to SC – bad timing scuttled that tho’. Someone called Tifin showed up early on but never did anything besides watch us. We had no member swaps. I think she’s friends with either Cordareo or Ayamami (sp).

We quit at 11 and I had dinged twice, allowing me to use my new Red Cape and Regen II. Over 10.5k XP total!

Things to remember for next time:
• If not meleeing, time cast/heal cycle to coincide with START of fight for enfeebs and buffs, not the middle.
• Consider /heal-only gear that jacks MPR up regardless of other stats (like Qiqirn Sashes). Use macro to swap gear and heal, or set fighting gear and attack. Fighting gear should boost MP or INT/MND.
• Work harder on coordinating MB’s with party, especially if not meleeing.

No comments: