Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, August 24, 2007

A Statue for Father

8/23 – 8/24/2007

After putting Ape to bed I decided to try shouting for Windy Mission 3-2 help again. I also went to my Clothcraft Guild to buy grass threads so I could work on leveling my seamstress skills.

According to a skillup guide I read I need to do capes until I hit 8. Since it turns out I can craft the grass cloths and capes for a bit less than the cape AH price I might be able to level to 8 essentially for free (not counting the opportunity cost of not selling stacks of Earth crystals).

I made a bunch of grass cloth and then paid the 30 gil for advanced synthesis support and got to the capes. I was able to hit 5.4 with 5 capes, from about 4.7. Not too bad… I returned to Jeuno, tried shouting for the 3-2 help again, gave away a tele, and then logged.

. . .

On Friday, I tried the morning log-in slot and pretty much gave up after only 1 tele-shout (that I missed). I decided to head to Yuhtunga again in the hopes of getting that Elshimo Marble. I knew going in I wouldn’t have much time, but I was curious how much aggro I’d get from the Smithys at 44 versus 42.

It turns out, about half of them ignore me. I was able to get to the safe lizzy camp without cloaking, passing at least 5 Smithys in the process. I buffed up, healed and then began pounding lizard skulls. I only killed two before seeing “You find a slab of Elshimo Marble on the Ivory Lizard”. I couldn’t believe it! No weather, I used a 300% WS, I wasn’t at Gemini, etc., and what luck! I verified I had inventory space to prevent loot loss.

I started to wander back to the zone but it turns out I don’t know the way. And I found the Smithy that didn’t care about my level. After pulling aggro, I engaged him but then another Smithy linked in. I slept them both and after realizing I wasn’t going to find my way back to the zone easily I went ahead and warped back to Jeuno then took the airship back to Kazham.

I didn’t have much time before having to take the boys to school so I rushed up to Rauteinot, traded him the marble and got his parcel. My next job is to deliver this to a man called Mulaujeant at Sandy’s blacksmith guild. I was able to zone into Sandy but had to log out and leave for school/work.

Unfortunately, this means I won’t be able to get the scroll until tomorrow afternoon. If I understand it right, I have to give the parcel to Mulaujeant, wait for midnight JST, and return so he can give me a statue to give to Rauteinot (thus the title of this entry – see Asimov’s work). If I had an extra 5 minutes this morning, JP midnight would have passed while I was at work, but no~O~o…

Anyway, tomorrow afternoon I will have 5 of 6 teles. And being a bit bored I revisited the Teleport-Holla quest (the one I skipped via the AH). I must have been confusing Palborough Mines with Gusgen because I had been dreading this one. Thanks to my RSE questing efforts I’m familiar with Gusgen and comfortable in there. Creeped out a bit by the ghostly children and spectral flames, maybe.

So tomorrow I plan to grab Holla’s scroll and sell it and then see if I can flag Vahzl. I think I can access Fei’Yin with only the core game and Zilart installed. So maybe I’ll start that one soon to complete the set. But I’ve heard that area’s a bit dangerous and I’d need to farm a Fei’Yin Chest Key from mobs likely to tear me a new one. I may have to wait a bit. Besides, I don’t see too many shouts for that one. And also, I don’t have the telepoint crystal either.

Since buying my Red Cape + 1, I’ve not made much money. The Ram Leather is moving slowly and I’ve already broken even on that part of Gobbiebag II. But teles haven’t been as lively lately. Maybe tonight and tomorrow will see more partiers needing a lift. I really need to fill out my WHM scrolls because I want to party more, with effective gear, and because I don’t like gaps in my abilities.

Things to Buy:

Neck:
Mohbwa Scarf +1 (lv40, 65k, DEF+2, MP+6, INT+2, MND+2)
Waist:
Druid’s Rope (lv40, 20k, DEF+3, INT+1, MND+1, CHR+1, SIR down 10%)
Reverend Sash (lv41, 100k, DEF+3, INT+2, MND+2, CHR+2, MPR+1)
Merc Capt Belt (lv30, use cp, DEF+3, stats +1)

Qiqirn Sash +1 (lv40, 90k, DEF+5, MP+14, MPR+3)
Qiqirn Sash (lv40, ???)
Mohbwa Sash +1 (lv20, 50k, DEF+3, MP+12, MPR+2)

Head:
Electrum Hairpin (lv40, 16k, HP-10, MP+25)
Horn Hairpin +1 (lv30, 5k, HP-4, MP+13, earth+9)

Rings:
Electrum Ring (lv40, 4k, HP-20, MP+20)

No comments: