Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Who am I and Why am I Here?

Hello! My name is AerinRavage and I'm a Mithran White Mage in the world of Vana'diel.

This is my attempt at a Final Fantasy Online adventuring blog. There are a few out there, some more current than others. I really enjoyed reading about other people's time in Vana'diel but never thought I'd write my own.

After more searching, I came up empty on hits for people on my server, Siren. I'm definitely not the ambassador-of-choice, being a mid-level player with only 9 months of playtime, but, whaddya gonna do?

I actually started writing up my experiences in Word to see if a) I could, and b) I had enough material. Turns out (for a middie like me), I do. So now I will subject t3h interwebs with my journal.

I've been keeping a party journal for months, going most of the way back through my party history. It's not deep, but it lists when, with whom and what main jobs were in the party. Where needed I threw in notes about the leader or other players. I've even led a few myself and made sure to watch out for certain players.

To summarize, I'm Mithran, a citizen of Windurst, hold rank 3, am a member of the RedDragonBrigade, am a level 5 seamstress and hold these jobs:

WHM44
BLM24
RDM32

Lately, due to a change in work schedules IRL, I've been logging on in the early morning before work for about an hour daily, and try to get on at night for 2 before bed. I don't get to party much on this schedule until the weekends, where midnight to 4am stretches are not uncommon. I have something like 600+ hours in all told.

I play on the PS3 using the "PS2 Data" addon, and use keyboard + controller. I may wind up adding a laptop to that mix depending on how the new expansion rolls out - I need the second (CoP) and third expansions (ToAU) to go along with the new Wings of the Goddess but haven't been able to find the PS2 versions.

I make no promises on whether or not this will be as meaningful to you as it is to me. But hopefully along the way, someone somewhere will learn a new tidbit about the game or the world it offers like I have.

<Take Care> <See you again!>

Aerin

No comments: