Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Black and Blue

Last night I set about getting rid of some of the junk I had collected recently, including a stack of Beehive Chips, a Scroll of Gravity and the Rolanberry pies. By the end of the night I had sold one set of Test Answers from Windy’s AH and had Jeuno’s returned. I guess I need to go back to Windy for that item. The Beehive Chips also sold.

After no encouragement on the T-T front, I switched to BLM again and flagged up. Not too long later, Azilia requested my presence in Qufim Island. We waited at the entrance to the Qufim tunnel for the others and I gave synthing and desynthing a shot. I was able to make and remake the three capes I had on hand a few times and eventually lost out when the Lightning Crystal broke and took the last cape with it. I did get a .1 skillup though :/

We started off with only 5 members and no WHM. We had a RDM and another BLM besides me, so we agreed RDM should main-heal and the BLM’s (both with Cure II) could back up. We met at the tower and got to business around 10:15.

There’s not much to say other than this was a good crew getting lousy XP. Even WITH my EB, I was pulling in less than 100 on most kills. We tried snips, pugs, a gob, and some giants. It really was hit-or-miss and this was with a very level-tight group!

We also added a sixth, Hemdall, a Taru SMN. He would later DC only to return a little later.

We had two close calls wherein links tried to wipe us but we pulled through unscathed, and then Arot was later one-shotted by a Pug’s Screwdriver attack and died. He died again not long later when he managed to pull a pug link. That time he had a reraise effect up.

I’m beginning to think the time to jump to Kazham is closer to 23 rather than 25-26. I mentioned it but no one else seemed to want to leave the island. I really remember a lot more IT mobs the last time I leveled here. Maybe Square adjusted the difficulty a bit?

It was just after midnight when we agreed to disband, and then I DCed. By the time I got back on, Azilia was already off and only Arot was still in the zone. He was warping out by the time I found him, so…

I still need like 2k XP from 4,350 to ding 25 and make the switch back to WHM for the long haul to 50.

No comments: