Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Centering Myself



I recognize that I have an important job to do

I recognize that others do as well and that sometimes these lines cross

I will strive to put the mission first while treating all with respect and professionalism

I know there will be those who seek to undermine or interfere, with or without cause

I must shut them out and not let their enmity affect my role in the party

I must remember at all times that I am always a “healing touch” and I directly and indirectly affect many and cannot sacrifice them for the one

I must remember that I am not “better” than others, regardless of skill, and must maintain humility and respect at all times

I must remember that ultimately, I am a guest and my actions are the greatest factor in remaining so

I have chosen and committed to my path, rightly or wrongly, and I must honor this choice and those who support me by remaining true to my self

. . .

I recognize that others may not share my opinions on respect, party support or professionalism. My choice must be to ignore this or not associate with them. I must not allow them to gnaw at my spirit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vana'diel is a world of Fantasy... we play, we fail, we laugh, we raise and we go on.
FFXI is just a way (in my own experience) to harness the different energies from the outside world, but I learned a lot from this Quam continent. There are regular gobs, orcs and yagudos around us. You can find intrigate plots and {Notorious Monsters} in real life. What can we do? Do I {/Panic} and {/Run for Help!}?... {Hmmm} as a RDM I refused to die. So cast your best spell... summon {Ifrit}{Shiva}{Rhamu}{Leviathan}... reconfig your skin with {Stone Skin} and just in case cast on yourself {Reraise}.
Maat is hard but not as hard as your real {Boss}... we play, we fail, we run, we laugh, we raise and we go on. I am a RDM... FFXI or Real Life... and I refused to die.
Fhox

Aerinravage said...

Yup, I think you've got it!

And for anyone concerned, I don't normally go in for the "personal affirmations" thing. I'm a happy person and fairly confident in what I do. Life doesn't usually get me down.

However, something *did* happen that led me to wonder about how I react to certain things.

I've said to you all before - I don't like mysteries. I chose a RL job/sub combo that lends itself to dealing in precision and logic. But when something seemingly random happens that has the potential to harm my career, I struggle with how to deal with it since I can't apply precision or logic to the problem.

What all this ends with is my realization that some things can't be analyzed and that it's better in the long run to dismiss things, even if they hurt.

P.S. I did almost say {Stoneskin} in the line about enmity of the party - lol