Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dark, Fhox and VE


(Ding ding ding)

On logging in at about 7:30 I was hoping the GD Promy run was on but it wasn't.

Dark and Val were trying to put something together. I was wanting more XP action and offered to come on SCH. There was a little teasing about being up to the task but honestly I think Dark gets it. He did ask what kind of cure support I'd like and I asked for a Dancer. Luckily we got one and when the rest of the party filled up they headed to the Nest. I had to meet them from Windy because a lot of my gear was in storage. Fhox chimed in asking if I wanted to party but I'd already committed.

The party went well but as I had jokingly feared in chat, Val was chain-pulling. And to top it off, when we made it to 32 I offered to Dispel. I waited to switch to Dark Arts until Aspir was also available. I basically became a Red Mage on cure, enfeeb, Dispel, and buff duty. I was practically setting my controller on fire with all the button presses!

Poor Val died twice when Crawlers decided to link on him. And our original PLD bailed early partly because of the delays. The rep PLD, Deathlos, seemed to do a better job with curing for hate and making my life easier. And Scorpionsys stepped in terrifically when I needed a little rest. I only had to call for full stop a few times and it wasn't always about me - Deathlos needed MP for sure and it wouldn't have hurt Dark either.

After the party's end I checked with Fhox who had tried to get me earlier but he was wrapping up. He asked if I could PL the last bit on the way to Aryianna's final level and I did. After that I Tele-Demed him and we said our goodnights.

I returned to the Dunes and tried VE again. I was up against Halloween (RNG75) and Ranbuu, and a duo seemingly skilling on crabs but who knows. I was at it for almost an hour, freaking out when Halloween, who rarely moved, took off towwards a fly. I never did see him kill VE but the stress was killing me. Then Ranbuu finished off something I couldn't identify and then he and 'Ween both took off. The two skillers had stopped as well next to an open treasure box.

Dejected I healed up the PLD who had come off sync as well as his friend. I turned around to leave and VE popped right in front of me. 8/3/0. I got yet another wing, so hopefully he has only the one left before having to pony up the Pin lol.

I finished the night leveling BRD/BST to 6 with Sufhi's help.

No comments: