Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Disappointment Revisited



( >< I get to have bad days too!)

I said I wasn’t going to let this kicking get me down, but I was in a gray mood all day today. I talked it over with Ape and I believe it honestly boils down to this:

• Yes, I was under-DEFfed, leading to faster mana consumption. However, I didn’t lose hate often (Cure 3?!) and was able to hold hate pretty well overall
• We were pulling too high – Sync 33 versus crawlers in the Nest or bats in the Citadel. Going up to 35 helped. The one clean pull we did in the ‘Del at 35 went very well and we got 282 xp (banded).
• The party was lacking in DD: SAM/DNC (!), THF/WAR, DNC/?, PLD/WAR (me) and two mages, SCH and BLM.
• The event that led to our escape and my eventual kicking was a linked pull. Which we were actually handling OK. Yes, we were rapidly running out of mana, but still…

WRT the link, I would have asked the BLM to go on sleep patrol: keep one down while we finished its mate (which he and we did), THEN sleep the leftover while we rested HP and mana. That didn’t happen.

I admit partial failings in bringing gimp gear to a level 35 party. I can buy the Eisen set for maybe 25k and sell it when PLD and WAR are done in a couple levels. I committed to the group not to head out on pally until I have better gear.

If any career PLDs can comment on the overall difference between Savage and Eisen given the HP/MP boost of my RSE, please do.

In any case, it isn’t being kicked from the party so much that bothers me – it’s WHO did the kicking. Someone I’ve busted my fuzzy tail for in the past with only a few refusals due to other commitments… Oh well.

Tonight until Sunday, I'm in Orlando. Not sure what kind of connectivity I'll have but hopefully I can have a little fun with my friends. Later!

No comments: