Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Disappointment


(What day is it again?)

If I'm not mistaken, something happened today that's never happened to me before. I got kicked from a party. And not for poor performance or rudeness or whatever. Because the SCH and THF didn't like me on PLD wearing my Savage RSE.

I know it's not the best gear at this level. At 35, I can wear the Merc's set (lv 30, 55 def), Windurstian doublet (lv 35, 60 def) or the standard Eisen (lv 29, 71 def). Mithran RSE is basically level 33 and offers 41 def. Not great. But all these sets offer a few points in other stats, mostly VIT, DEX, AGI or EVA. What RSE gives me that none of the others do is 48 more HP and MP.

I can't find a page detailing how def affects damage taken, meaning MP burned curing. But I feel the extra HP and MP (2 self-Cure IIs) balance out the higher def of the other sets.

Anyway, it happened like this. A shell-mate invited me to the Nest. We synced to 33 and nearly got eaten by the first Crawler pulled. We tried 35, but nearly the same result. Long kills and no MP left. I had to use Vince to avoid death on the third one. We relocated to the Citadel. First bat at 33? Nearly dead. Sync to 35. Not too bad. Next pull is a link that our BLM escaped us from.

That's when the SCH and THF jumped on me about my gear, basically saying I had to go shopping or leave. I didn't have a lot of time left so I opted to leave, then go shopping. I wasn't coming back.

Many thanks to Yalto, Aleu and Kushiel for covering my back. While I was taking pretty rapid damage, I wasn't having trouble with hate holding and nobody died.

I'm not going to take this personally because I do understand their viewpoint. I just can't believe I got kicked for it. And not only that, had they tossed me 15 minutes earlier, I could have gone with Kush on a Promy run. Did I mention I finally saw him again? /smile

He sent one last /tell before I shut down: “night, lovely” - don’t know why this gave me such warm-n-fuzzies, but it did. Thank you K!

No comments: