Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, April 3, 2009

Thursday And Friday


(Chilly learning curves)

It took some doing but I *was* able to get TheAlmightyII online. Friday was a failed flag-up on BRD16. Stoik was looking for help on Kuge's LB1 and I offered to go if I made it to Jeuno for new instruments without an invite. No 'vite.

I met them in Garlaige after they wrapped up in the Nest. We only had to fight 2 or 3 Explosures for the drop, which was good because I was sleepy. There was some fun with Derf who was soloing in the 'Del and joined us when we arrived. She linked a bunch o' bats and died so I got in early and Raised her. Later, after the drop, she'd be in trouble again lol.

Saturday was... interesting... I had to string my gear outside since my MIL was sleeping in the living room of the condo. The only net jack was in the living room. And no wi-fi. So I found myself sitting on the balcony in the cold (didn't pack a jacket since I didn't expect to be OUTSIDE).

I was able to get an invite on Bard with Nejjetjet in the Dunes, synced to 14. There were frequent reps (but quickly handled). There was a lot of Japanese. And there wasn't a lot of certainty about who was doing what. It didn't help we didn't have a proper tank - 2 Monks on the front...

I would have tried to offer advice because I thought many of these fellows were newer players. But the language barrier and my shivering made communication difficult. I gave Nej fair warning with 45 to go and at about 20 left, we got semi-wiped by a gob that never should have been messed with.

I switched to WHM/SMN (what? How the hell...) and went back to the ledge camp. I was done so I offered to PL for about 15 minutes. The party got a sixth but for 10 minutes nothing happened. Then Sync came off, signalling the end of the party. Oh well. I went back to Selbina to fix my SJ and get some sleep.

Don't get me wrong, Nej. I don't regret being in your party and I know everyone has to learn somehow. That's what the Dunes is for after all. I don't mind the deaths or the delays. I just wish the party mix had been a little more solid DD-wise because we could have really kicked butt.

Speaking of that, VAGUSTAE, what's the deal with taking my boy Yalto on a SMN-burn and getting him 7 levels in mere minutes? I have a Summoner! I even have 4 avatars too ^^

No comments: