Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back to Work

Thurs

Ape's miserable-sick again... Met her at Zaxby's, where an Ortega Elementary fundraiser was going on. With all the families eating we thought it was a kids eat free promotion ):

Mom and I went to Verizon next door to see about getting Elder a cellphone for his big 1-3 birthday. Everything was good until the guy said adding the third line would break the existing, pre-Verizon plan Mom has and would up her fee. Have I ever said how much I hate cellphones?

Survivor was a real treat as the two tribes merged today. There was only an immunity challenge, which Danielle won. Leading up to Tribal, there was a lot of scheming going on, with J.T. thinking he had a buddy in Russell and Parvati making moves of her own.

If J.T. giving his idol to Russell pre-merge was dumb, Russell then giving it to Parvati was colossally moronic. Of course, Rus didn't know she had her own. At Tribal, she played BOTH, neither for herself. She shielded Sandra and Jerri, who had had 5 votes, leaving only J.T.'s 5 votes in effect. Wow! Oh yeah, Russell is unhappy with Parv - heehee! Maybe I can get some old fashioned villainy if the two of them go at each other.

Due to some schedule change, PP was on instead of Grey's, and I just couldn't get into it. I left about halfway in and headed onto XI. The main event was a fantastic BLU party in Qufim. Note to self - get to 18 then stop, as Qufim invites are easier to come by! The party rocked because I had two band charges, we had a PL in Sublimescout, and everyone clicked well. I think we were at it just over 2 hours and I ended at 22 - yey!

In annoying news, the A/C drain is backing up again. Apparently has been for some time as the corner in Younger's room is wet. /sigh. It was too late to work on it so it'd have to wait until tomorrow.

-=-=-=-

Wednesday

Decent day at work but oh so sleepy. At home we got to chill out - Sis took all the boys to CCD. Ape and I lay down for a bit, almost falling asleep, when we heard boys. Twice as many as expected, in fact. Sis was outside on her phone and all the boys were inside. Younger was showing off his just-purchased Lego "Lava Dragon" game. It's a little goofy but there's a decent playsystem behind it.

Anyway, Sis came in finally. And showed off her new iPhone. She has a new plan now, with her new phone, hubby's and now her oldest inherited an old phone. All together she thinks it'll be $150 per month, before a job-based discount of 25%. I all but guarantee she'll stay at $150 after taxes and fees for both lines. And she's not very good at staying under her minutes - she goes over all the time already... And, I cautioned her to find out the rules of her data plan before rampant FaceBooking gets her a massive over-byte. OK, that was bad.

Not much on TV after pizza dinner but we did watch an ep of "The Middle". It took me 10 minutes to realize that was Patricia Heaton as the mom. Remember her from "Everybody Loves Raymond?" Yeah. Well, it seems time has not been terribly kind to her in the 5 years since Raymond wrapped. Not that she's gotten all hideous, but she just looks more wan and aged than I'd have expected.

The show, the show... Not too bad. I don't think I could get into it, as the actors in the 5 main roles just don't grab me. And the similarities to Malcolm (one of my all-time faves) is a bit much. So after the 10pm show I split.

I did better this time in the Dunes, managing not to die and getting maybe 3k XP off book pages. I even learned "Foot Kick"! My BLU is very behind the times... I even got shell invite which I had to pass on. Like last night's blind invite... I hope the weekend works out so well - I'd love to finish off both BLU and BST and return to DNC and PLD, and even SMN, believe it or not. Well, at least get SMN to 30 lol.

On Sufhi's last fight, with an aggroed Butcher, I had to zone with barely 20hp left. I made it and was able to get the lone bunny I needed for my current page with Sortir's help. He'd arrived for the shell party I had to pass on and buffed me for the kill. I said my goodnights and good lucks after reserving another page at the OP.

Spent more time with Cleric's stories and chatting with LK.

-=-=-=-

Tuesday:

Not sure why, but Ape had picked up some Lean Cuisine pizzas for my lunches. I took one today, along with toaster strudels (breakfast) and a Betty Crocker Molten Delights cake (snack). Good thing too, because the pizza was prolly the third-worst thing I've *ever* stomached.

It wasn't that it was a diet chicken pizza. No, it was the oodles of garlic and onion. I spent 10 minutes picking pieces off and it STILL reeked. And it tasted awful. I already knew I didn't like either, so this isn't a matter of not trying things. Garlic has to be in sparing quantities and onions in ground, powdered form only.

Even with the cake AND teeth brushed AND Scoped, my breath was less than pleasant. Urk. I called Ape later to tell her she had a big kiss coming her way - I wanted her to enjoy what I'd been enjoying since lunch lol.

I sleepily made it home, just before Ape did. She brought Bojangles - yum! So I ate that and then took Younger to TKD. Whilst there, I read "The Pirate and the Princess", an English adaptation of a manga series of some sort. It was cute and interesting but very juvenile. Still a fun way to spend the hour while Younger kicked stuff.

Once back, Ape and I lay down in bed to watch DWTS. And I fell asleep. She left me that way until 11. I never got to see Kate voted off! Which I'm a /little/ sad over. Not much. Just a little.

After clearing the cobwebs and watching a bit of news with Ape, I headed back out for Round 2 of my roll. This time there were no issues and everything checked out fine.

In chat-news, Cleric and I had a nice time talking about FA and reviewing some Avatar spoofs. He really is a nutter! At his insistence, I took an FA account and used it to begin reading his 5-chapter story posted there. I only got about halfway through chapter 1 but I'm definitely intrigued - I really wanna know what happens to Allester and Jiva.

Keps and I chatted as well. I managed to make him sad by mentioning something in passing. I think the moment had passed by the time I crashed but I still felt really bad about it.

-=-=-=-

Monday

Not much - stuck at work late waiting for my code package approval. Once home, had din (sliders & mac and cheese!) and then went to pick up Elder's meds. Of course, Walgreens blew it again. We can't ever seem to pick up meds in the timeframe promised... So, we missed a bit of DWTS but we saw fantastic performances from Jake and Nicole, and I think Chad's was good although we walked in as he received his scores. Kate OTOH looked like she was sleepwalking. Poor girl tried to blame her exhaustion on her kids. Priority clue maybe?

I almost got Ape to watch Castle but she wound up flipping around. At 11-ish I headed out to play XI some and prepare for the night's roll. I was going to solo on BLU but I was too distracted by AIM and by goings-on in the Dunes. Met a very friendly person called Petesache who wanted to show off his BLU22 and was killed by the second gob he saw.

Turns out I'd do little better as I was offed by a lizard when I missed the Petrifying Gaze text - it had just used it unsuccessfully and I was getting ready with a much needed WS (I was in the red and so was he) and while I watched TP climb he tricked me.

I HPed, grabbed my Signal Pearl (why the heck was it in Storage anyway?) and returned to the Dunes, logging out in Selbina after checking for VE.

Aequilus (Zyg's alt) asked for a pearl but none of the sacks were around or responding.

LK sent me a picture of what I think is going to be called Aerinette. She doesn't look Mithran at all but that's OK. She's about 20 inches tall and dressed right, she'd make a great cosplay partner. I told LK I'd only request her delivery if I had the money left over for clothing in her size.

Cleric had a spot of trouble and wants me to let Potyhoty know he won't be on for the foreseeable future - Awr!

By 1:30 it was clear the roll wasn't happening and I packed it in.

No comments: