Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, April 18, 2010

They Say It's Your Birthday~!

Sunday:

Plans are Ikea and Red Brick Pizza. Dunno what else.
(post-unpacking update) That was about it. But some details! Sis is an easily-frustrated woman. Ikea is the most deviously-designed store in the universe. We suspected putting the two of them together would result in a perfect storm of aggravation.

We were correct.

And she only walked past the restaurant and down to the exit! We tried to convince her there was more store, but she wasn't buying. So while she stayed pretty much in one spot we spent our time checking out the desk and shelf unit we're planning to pick up for Elder's room remodel. We're going to have to work out how to get it home when we don't have so many passengers since we'll lose most of the van seating to the three boxes it comes in.

From there was a short drive to Red Brick (I took a quick detour to the Best Buy next door) and as usual it was good. We wound up with breadsticks in lieu of the kids' meals' ice creams, and so we were quite full. But somehow we were craving sweets afterwards, and so we asked where we could get something sweet to eat. Horrible mistake...

We were directed to a nearby Cold Stone Creamery, and after trying a sample of "Oreo Cream" I settled on Sweet Vanilla. Ape placed the order and the girl asked us if we wanted a topping. *This* time I could hear a certain Mon Calamari warning me off but I asked her directly if it was included. She said we could get a topping. Then I saw the total on the register and wondered how ten bucks of kid's cups wound up costing $12.80.

I jumped back in line to ask if we were charged for toppings and was basically told, "Of course!" So, I got a little mad. I asked why and she said the "Kid's Create Sundae" is $2.99 and includes a topping. However, we specifically ordered kid's sized cups, which are on the sign for $2.50. We never said anything about a sundae. I basically got in the girl's face and told her the next time someone asks whether a topping is included in the thing they ordered, she'd better answer correctly because her bad information cost me two bucks and honestly, I didn't really want the candy.

Next on my list was the acting manager, and I basically told her the story and she gave me the "We're so sorry, but we can't refund your money." What? If I didn't think it would have earned me a trip to a county lockup, I'd have deducted my refund from their tip jar... We got the owner's phone number and I'm going to call her tomorrow and offer her one chance to make it right or I'll execute a chargeback on my card since I was *fraudulently* charged.

Angry snacking aside, the drive home proved uneventful although we got home a bit before 9. But then it didn't matter so much because Amazing Race wasn't even on.

Oh, one neat thing... While nearing home, Ape mentioned wondering what I'd look like with straight hair. I told her in all seriousness not to tease me, because I'd jump at the chance. She said she'd get Mom's flat iron and maybe give it a go. Yay!!! I also mentioned wanting to dye my hair the rest of the way black. I know it looks pretty black in pictures but in good lighting you can tell it's a deep brown.

Oh, one /more/ thing! I decided to write the email with details and pics for our friend. I opted to go with a technical explanation of my goals because I think she's going to shop it around. And because I added wigmaking and makeup to the list of needed deliverables. I was cobbling it all together during DH and B&S. We've missed a couple episodes but I think we're OK.

It took time because I had to shrink the AV pics down to fit the attachment size limit. So ny the time I clicked Send it was just after 11. And lo and behold, I got an email from her a minute or so later. However, she was responding to my first email, not the second, complete one I sent to her personal account. So I gave her the heads up and now we wait...

I'm thinking of setting up a cosplay-specific journal page on my Google site.

-=-=-=-

Saturday:

* Left at noon for Disney's Hollywood studios.
* Checked in, then stuffed selves into Sis's Sequoia (I was the designated trunk-monkey)
* Started with Jedi Training Academy - really cute and great to hear the best musical themes!
* All but Ty and I headed for the Lights! Motors! Action stunt show so he could see the end of the Academy show. Made it to the stunt show in time and it was as fun as before.
* Took in American Idol Experience. Mom & Dad made it in just in time! I greatly dislike the show (until pretty much the end of the finals) but I couldn't believe how *fun* this was! And we got to be on the DIamondVision screen too! Second-place and my contestant sang Sunshine of My Like crooner style, *to his wife* - freakin' awesome! Winner was a vocal student in a huge group presumably from his school. He was really good though!
* Getting late and the usual Ape-can't-fit-it-all stress
* Toy Story 3-D is pretty fun, and where M&D left us. They're off to AK tomorrow. Got second highest score (132,300) and third accuracy (33%) in our group of 8.
* Had time to squeeze in Star Tours (Oh for the love of God please update the film on this ride! Please? Pretty please? Although, there's a still I need to see if Ape can grab. A Mon Calamari raises his pimp hand when someone disobeys the "No Flash Photos" rule. THAT would make an awesome "I told you it was a trap!" lol.
* Off to Aerosmith for the boys' first time. Decent line and the ride was great. Boys *loved* it. Was the only thing that made Elder smile the whole freaking trip. Maybe I'll write about that...
* Ended the night at WDW with the Fantasmic show. It's a trip through Mickey's imagination where a Heroes vs. Villains showdown takes place, featuring the usual suspects from the past and present of Disney hand-drawn animation.
* Late late late dinner at Friendly's, which was really good if not slow. Had a long talk with Elder about his crappy attitude when things don't go his way. Bro even commented to him... /sigh I feel for the kid I do. But he really needs an attitude adjustment.
* Tossed plans to chat up the crew when we didn't get settled in until 2am. Had a long stop at Walgreen's for morning provisions and it took time to get everyone in their jammies with teeth brushed, etc. Also, I had to make a run for the freebie toothbrushes ans three of us (across both groups) forgot to bring ours.

-=-=-=-

Friday:

Today is Ape's *actual* birthday. At lunch, I ran to the mall to grab a card and hopefully a small gift. She already got her big present, the clothes-shopping trip from a few weeks ago. But there's no way I'm going to her huge party tonight with just a card. I've done some really dumb things in my time but I know better than that! ^^

My trip got extended by the fact I couldn't find the Hallmark. I wound up walking both floors end-to-end. It wasn't where I remembered it in this mall, and where it actually was basically blocked it from view unless you walked all the way to the end of the floor. Argh. Anyway, I found a nice Snoopy card and the perfectest Precious Moment, so with that handled, I ran to grab lunch and then headed back to work.

Later, on arriving home from work, I had just climbed out of Shiroma when she ordered me into the van. Turns out we had to beat feet to Mikado (yey!) to claim a reservation for 18. We made it in time too, and the rest of our group did as well. So, we were seated quickly, in the back room with just two grill-tables.

This would turn out very nice, as we could relax and not feel like we were bothering anyone. Plus the personal service made us feel special. Specialer. And the food was quite good, with many "thumbs-up" from the Rogue's gallery we'd assembled. And I spent a bit of the night on Alex duty, keeping him entertained until it was time to eat, and also calming him when he was upset by the fireworks.

I also got to spend some time with our friend the crafter, daughter of my intended seamstress. Turns out she hadn't gotten my email yet because the account I used is one she only checks occasionally for business. No worries - I was able to give her the rundown and she gave me a better account to use. But get this - she knows a theater major (I think that's it) who may be able to help with getting my wig made! Also, although I didn't mention it there, I expect he may be able to help with my makeup plans too!

By the time we said all the goodbyes, it was pretty late, and we had no way to see Kick-Ass. So instead we popped by Redbox and got Astro Boy and Ponyo. We watched Astro Boy after getting settled in. We didn't end until just after midnight. My take? Meh. It was actually a fairly emotional story (Tenma's kid is /vaporized/? And he rejects Astro quite harshly.) but it just didn't grab me overall. I think what killed it for me was the acting - the story and action were good but the acting was flattish. I did like Nathan Lane's gearbox gladiator character - a bit unexpected.

I wound up falling asleep with Ape watching news of Hayleigh Cummings. I'm sorry guys!

-=-=-=-

Thursday

A bit of chaos on this, the first day of Ape's birthday celebration. I met Ape, Sis and Granddad at Cracker Barrel for his dinner for her. I selected "Momma's Pancake Breakfast" with a nod to Kio. I also bested Ty at checkers (for once!). We enjoyed ourselves and I think this marks the first gathering at which Granddad didn't go all political!

From here, I had to jet Younger to TKD and we were already way behind schedule. But we got there and eventually home. For Survivor. Yep - last week's teaser came to be. J.T. and the other Heroes decided it'd be smart to "protect" Russell from the "all-female alliance" threatening him. So they cooked up this plan wherin J.T. would slip Rus the Immunity Idol they held. Along with a note.

At the challenge, which the Heroes managed to win, there were congratulatory hugs and high-fives. And one small package being handed off in a shoe. Later, back at Villainy H.Q., Rus and Parvati (how the heck is this pronounced "poverty" anyway?) read J.T.'s letter. Well, Parv read it, in a mocking tone suggesting a mash note rather than a conspiracy plan. Because, in all honesty, the actual letter read like hero-worship on J.T.'s part. Too bad that Rus didn't need the help and will likely make you eat your note when the Merge goes down next week!

Oh yeah, Parv has an idol too because she and Danielle found the idol from the clue Parv got at the Villains' reward feast at Outback Samoa. Can't remember if Rus knows about this idol but geez - that's a lot of immunity floating around!

No comments: