Aerinravage's GamerCard

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Super Busy Fun Time Party Family

Sat:

Chore-day. Ape said if I did a "few" things I'd get the rest of the day to myself prior to her sis' 40th birthday bash. Well, after getting Ape to actually make a list, I realized there was no way I'd get it done before we left for the party. So I dug in and got most of the list done (the big stuff anyway) and planned to jump on after the party.

On the list? Trim the bushes (as Bro had just cut the yard - yeah, it's time for regular yard maintenance...), install new exterior lighting sconces (as the original ones were shot), finish removing the broken glass from the front window and clean it, mount the new flagpole, and put up new shutters to replace the old ones.

I completed the first three tasks, and made progress on the flagpole. However, Home Depot doesn't carry shutters in-store and I wasn't going to special order them.

Soon it was 7 and party-time. One of the kids joked we'd be there 'til midnight, something I didn't see as all that far-fetched. Turns out we missed that time by maybe 15 minutes. The first couple of hours was munch-and-mingle, then cake and presents, LOTS of pictures and then some goodbyes as many of her guests couldn't stay too late. Once the crowd (and seriously, there must have been 40 people there!) thinned out, the "core group" took up Guesstures. My team won, but not by much. Ape got some truly ridiculous pics of us flailing about...

By the time we wrapped up and dropped of Mimi it was very close to midnight. I spent some time with Ape anyway, then jetted off to Vana'diel once more, for yet another shell party. I swear, Cleric and Sortir are leveling machines! But it meant starting on RNG, which was the lowest of my lowbies at 16. Dear God I hate this job. I'd gladly take Summoner to 30 if it meant never touching Ranger again...

-=-=-=-

Fri:

Our Date Night plans were to eat at Zaxbys after dropping off the kids and then to see "Date Night". Ape was feeling super lousy but she insisted we go out anyway. I swear, that girl will be off to the movies even on her deathbed! Dinner was quite nice, being just the two of us. Then we met the in-laws for the movie. It was really quite good! Back home I jumped on to a SMN party and got almost 3 levels, ending just shy of 22. Maybe I'll go ahead and keep plugging away ay SMN to 30...

No comments: