Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beach Bums

Since we planned to leave from my work, all four of us rode together in the morning, with a pre-packed van. We dropped the Clones off first, followed by a short run to Ape's work. Then I was off.

At about 5:30, I left to gas up and waited at the station for Mom & Dad to deliver the crew. They were coming too, as was Sis & Co. Of course... ^.~ We all met near the Speedway for a barbeque dinner which for me was -meh-. But from there it was maybe 30 more minutes to our hotel. And we had an even nicer room this time than last!

* Fri - Theological Debates with Ape, watched half of Beck, grocery shopping at 7-11.

* Sat - Breakfast in bed followed by lunch at Aunt Catfish's (BK for me). Then we went to a family fun center and the kids got two-hour unlimited armbands and I got a few dollars of tokens for DDR - they had 4th Mix and SuperNova2 and both worked great! I nearly killed myself dancing my pants off in their oven of a back room.

I rode Ty on the karts and picked the winning case in Ape's game of Deal or No Deal. I had the 200-ticket case picked but the final offer of 120 came with only 40 and 200 on the board and we played it safe.

Poolside lounging and a beachfront walk and photoshoot ^^

Din was a joke as it took us 30 minutes and lots of aimless wandering to find a pizza place - we wound up at Pizza Hut after all but it was very good.

I've decided I just don't like this area. Right on the beach is nice but just off the main roads it gets scary. And it's crawling with pedestrians at all hours, most of whom look like they're deep into a pub crawl... Clearwater is so much nicer!

Sunday - I grabbed ham croissants for all of us while listening to classic rock (go Juke Box Hero!) Then we sat around deciding what to do. We had the day to ourselves for once. We settled on hitting the Port Orange area to see what kind of shopping and eating were to be had. Ape's dad recommended this area and it turned out to be a good call.

Since we'd eaten breakfast not long ago, we needed to kill time before the promised Red Robin. Kirkland's had some nice stuff, and we heard a minor parking lot fender bender. But soon enough, it was time to eat. And while I never did try one of their famous burgers, the teriyaki chicken sandwich I had was really good. And Elder and I had an actual conversation (granted, it was FF-related as we traded notes between FFT and XI, but still).

From there, it was mall time. We hit the Daytona mall for a bit and had a nice time. And then we headed home. Once there, Ape followed me to the gas station. I'd parked Shiroma Thursday with fumes in the tank and after filling up it looks like I had about 7 miles to empty. Close call!

I went grocery shopping with Younger then I think I went to bed after messing about in XI.

No comments: