Aerinravage's GamerCard

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ramblings

This has been a pretty good week:

* At work, I'm doing much more coding. There's still some firedrill fun but that's OK. I capped off the week finally working on some automated testing on my big project.

* In XI, I literally spent three hours plus fixing up my inventory, as I realized with a /facepalm that I've had the means to expand my locker this whole time. Argh. I prioritized my WHM, DNC and SAM gear and threw my RNG and BST far back in the closet. I have most of the others close at hand just in case of a shell or PUG invitation. I realized as well that I could sell my Eisenschaller as my Empress Pin beats it solidly.

* It only took about 80% completion, but I FINALLY got into my book. I think I finally understand all the action and "spell technology" at play. And on Thursday I finished it in my usual breathless rush because I figured out I wasn't going to get a clean ending. Or a particularly happy one at that. So now I have nothing in my library queue and I need to refill it, starting with book 2 of this series. I also need a new audiobook or two. Local radio still makes me ragey and I do enjoy being read to. Thank you Fourth Grade teacher whose name escapes me presently!

* Speaking of audio, the latest book was "Ruler of the Realm". I didn't realize it was actually #3 in a series but it was easy enough to get into. I enjoyed it and tried to listen with the Clones on the way to school. But the extra hour per day I got without them in the car eventually wrecked that notion. My biggest problem with the audiobooks is that I somehow keep finding "teen" books without meaning to.

* Also on the audio front, I got Beck, disk two, from Netflix. Just haven't had time to watch.

* Because of stuff like the AGT finals - Wow! The Grand Finals are going to be nuts. Go Team Poppycock!

* Friday, we're leaving directly after work to Daytona Beach, for the second weekend on our "bargain radio" coupons. More to come!

No comments: