Aerinravage's GamerCard

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fun With Politics

I had this idea over the weekend after seeing so much campaigning for midterm candidates recently. The Tea party and the Republicans seem to be counting on a backlash against Democrats and/or Obama. The first two years of Obama's presidency haven't been the best.

But don't we do this with almost EVERY president? Few have been so skilled, lucky and supported to have a significant popular sentiment halfway in.

Anyway, I really wish I knew if what's going on was really Obama's fault. Of course, what part does Congress play? And slowly-unfolding events that began well before Barack said "I do". And random events and accidents that would have snookered any sitting leader?

I'm not a "party line voter" though most of my votes go in a Democrat-oriented direction. I can't help it - as a body of beliefs, the Dems are more desireable to me than the other choices. I don't like everything they stand for - but I still honestly believe that a sincere effort to improve everyone's lives and keep poverty, ignorance and suffering to a minimum benefit all of us.

It's the whole Ubuntu thing - I am who I am because of what we all are.

In any case, I'm really curious how many people will make informed, honest choices over the next few weeks. I don't begrudge anyone who sticks to their guns and continues to back a seemingly-doomed candidate. Nor do I object to someone crossing party lines for a person they honestly believe will make their lives better.

But how many won't? I'm already sick of the attack ads and political spew filling the airwaves...

No comments: