Aerinravage's GamerCard

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blah

Wednesday:

First was Survivor Premiere party at my parents'. Great food and an OK show. Young versus Old. Jimmie Johnson (Cowboys/Dolphins ex-coach, not the NASCAR champ) is on the oldster's team. I wonder if someone cautioned the others to not say the name of the "male enhancement" pill Johnson (ha!) shills for. I won't either. But I'm waiting for some good jokes. After, we raced home for the AGT results. Aaaand...

Boo~o~o! Oh well. I can't say I was totally surprised that Prince P. didn't take the crown. But I *was* surprised that Michael Grimm won, leaving Jackie Evancho as first runner up. Honestly, I think it's the right call based on talent, appeal and general showmanship.

BUT. Someone find me a still of Jackie's performance with Sarah Brightman. You know, the one where, just as they finish in triumphant fashion, we, the audience realize Jackie's was better. And a second after us, Jackie appears to as well because the look they catch on her face as she looks up to Sarah is just ~perfect~!

-=-=-=-

Tuesday:

Relived the past by listening to Star Trek 2 and 4 at work. Read Denshi Otoko while waiting for AGT. Interesting premise if true...

AGT thoughts: Prince Poppycock goes for a purer operatic performance, to his detriment I think. Fighting Gravity wasn't bad (better than last week, not as good as before). Michael and Jackie were both excellent. Poppycock is still my hero (does his own cosplay, sings, can set up a whole show etc.) and he clearly has a performing range that neither Michael nor Jackie have matched. FG had a shot to really dazzle and I think they were close...

-=-=-=-

Monday:

At work, I found out, totally by accident, that I have "Group 7" access. Hey Flynn!

Took Elder to the Library, then Gamestop and Target. I reloaded my queue (Black Jewels 2, Denshi Otoko 1, Enduring Flame 1 on CD)

While at GS, I preordered GT5 for my anniversary gift and Super Scribblenauts for Younger.

No comments: