Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

PSN Network... "It Only Doesn't"

I am one of the 100 million. I haven't seen any evidence of funny business on any of my credit cards. And since I have no clue which one I used ages ago to buy Penny Arcade's game (I can't even log in to check!), I don't know where to focus.

Honestly, I'm not overly concerned yet. I'm betting they didn't get full CC details, and spammy card offers get ignored all the time.

What ticks me off is that I haven't been able to play GT5 or GTA online in weeks. Nor to check out the new GT TV content. Also, I kinda miss PSN Home. I didn't use it much but it gave me a chance to hang out virtually.

But all those things are free, and so I'll fume over /here/ for a bit and get on with my life.

Oops - forgot Netflix. That *ISN'T* free and not only can I not watch on my PS3 (Why? Really?) Netflix seems content to ignore Android devices for now. It certainly seems that once they do support Android it'll be on a go-forward basis, tied to some form of TPM chip or somesuch nonsense. All indications are that there will be no streaming love for current devices.

And *THAT* my friends is a real problem for me, as I traded my iPod when I got Mjollnir. So, for like a month now, I've been mostly stream-free. The DVDs I get are nice of course, but my "sit down and focus on subbed anime" time is rather limited these days.

If I'm up and about the house, I like to stream to the big TV, as do (did?) the Clones. When I'm resting before bed and the lights are out and Ape's watching whatever on TV, I liked to stream eps of South Park, Xena, whatever.

And now I can't do either, thanks to boneheadedness.

I'll reserve judgment on Sony pending their wrap-up of their mess and their actual compensation package for members. -Psst- Vouchers for downloaded games are no good, Sony - I have no room on my HDD as it is, with GT5, GTAIV, Fallout 3 and a couple others eating up multiple-gig chunks apiece.

Netflix is easier. I'm cancelling at the end of the month and if I can actually speak to a human I'll tell them why.

No comments: