Aerinravage's GamerCard

Friday, May 13, 2011

Service, Anyone?

I try so hard to be understanding and empathic with restaurant waitstaff. I know they have a hard job, and I've known many folks who put in their time in the salt mines.

But, I do have a couple of pet peeves with regard to table service. Foremost, if I have to stop eating because my drink's run out, that is a problem to me. And having to wait to pay, to the point of making smalltalk waiting for the check or our change is tiring.

Furthermore, if I have to get up and track down my server or another staffer, it puts me off a generous tip. And it likely makes them feel uncomfortable or harassed.

Last night, I had to get up *twice* for help and when I went to the restroom, I actually recalled my "Centering Myself" post in an attempt to remain calm... Lame!

No comments: