Aerinravage's GamerCard

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rumbling Hearts, Cont.

I LOVE THIS ANIME!

No, seriously, I love it! I just finished disc 2, and the story is flat-out heart-wrenching! I can't wait for / dread reaching the end of this one. It's been a looong time since I've experienced storytelling like this. Last Herald Mage comes to mind...

Also, just when I wanted to write off A Little Snow Fairy Sugar (somehow wound up starting this series on season 2...) the last ep on the disc got me. Overall, what I've seen (7 eps) is light, comedic anime candy. But two of the stories were deeper than expected, and the last one, about Saga's mother's piano, was surprisingly tender. I almost (almost) want to get the next disc to see what happens!

Also also, I wonder if "Sugar Baby Love" is available somewhere...

2 comments:

Tiger's Lair said...

LK said you recommended the anime. I am looking fwd to watching it. I love shojo. My all time fav is Marmalade Boy.

Aerin Hope Ravage said...

Heya TK! I'm pretty sure LK's watched a lot more anime than I have but since I got Netflix I've been doing my best to fill out my viewing.

I happened upon this one initially through YouTube while looking for Chobits episodes. The first ep is the only one I saw on YT but it was notable enough to remember and when I got Netflix I put it in the queue and forgot about it.

Then it showed up. All I can say is, wow. Most of what I like in anime and manga is the pretty routine school/work drama type. Magical girl is OK as is some comedy or sci-fi (Melancholy of Suzumiya kinda fits both ^^). But I really gravitate towards the "extraordinary struggles of ordinary people" genre.

Kanon, Clannad, Azumanga, and RH just work for me. I hope you enjoy it too! Please let me know what you think!