Aerinravage's GamerCard

Monday, December 10, 2007

Back in the Saddle!

Ya~a~ay! I finally had my first party in the Near East! It only took from November 25th (when I finally got ToAU registered) until last night. 16 days. And that doesn’t take into account that over the last 6 weeks or so I only had one other XP party – the one that got me back to 56 with a buffer.

First things first – I logged in and immediately searched for Ferenan but no luck. I was already in Windy prepped for Dancer leveling so I did that. I stopped by the gate for Signet and to dump my expired Supply Run package (Vollbow) and to see what was now available. Finally, Kolshushu was ours! Now I have a faster way to get to the Mhaura port!

I soloed for about an hour getting within 100 of 10 when I headed back in to dump loot. I tried naively to OP since I was XPing near there on Gobs and Yags. I guess I forgot the part about the level restriction…

On the long run back home, Sinz asks via shell if he can get a ride to Dem. I tell him I’m almost there for a job change and can assist. After taking him, I re-tele to Mea, choco to the outpost in Buburimu and claim another OP warp.

It’s around THIS time that I get a blind invite from Shadowmantis looking for a healer in Wajaom Woodlands. I beg off since it’s almost 11:30, but he says an hour is OK. Desperate for the interaction of a real party again (PLing just doesn’t cut it) I accept and after a bit, find myself back in Whitegate renting a choco.

I was honestly afraid I wasn’t going to remember how to run my role but as it turns out, the mobs they were fighting (Lesser Colibris) have no AoE or elemental attacks to Bar-spell, and Shadowmantis is a Dancer. At his level, he can use Enhaste to greatly speed up attacks. Also, my Haste spells stack with his effect, shortening delay even more. I really didn’t have to do much besides the Haste cycle and keep the buffs up. A Regen II here and there or a C3 as needed was all the healing I had to do (save one C4 on a rough pull).

I pulled around 7k experience and even stayed until just after 1am since I was having such a good time. I fortunately found a rep, a SCH59 when I was ready to go. This was good because I was likely nerfing their XP being the lowest level after an early ding on their other 56.

Shadow didn’t seem to think it worked that way but we left it at that… I hope to XP some more soon.

On leaving, I tried one more time to find Ferenan. Nope, still not on. Tuesday morning I popped on to try again but still no luck… Maybe a weekend warrior? Time for a GM call perhaps. I want to do the right thing but I want to do it SOON!

Oh yeah, my Cesti +1 finally sold in Windy, for 18k. Now I can stop yelling at my Moogle for bad sales luck! I really blew it on the two Cestis not checking in Jeuno first. As long as I can get around 10k for the other one I’ll be essentially even. It’s about time anyway to look for better gear, especially if I plan to level Dancer in Valkurm.

Test Answers, OTOH, aren’t selling for crap. That brief spike must’ve been a fluke or a run of new DRKs and BLMs. The more time passes the more I really start to think all those sales were going into the RMT machine. ><

No comments: